Bergara b14 hmr thoughts?

Shot one yesterday - wow - super great gun for the 900ish pricetag... seems like a sleeper (at least was a sleeper to me)
It was my first 1000 yard session, and I was able to hit a 10" gong - I was pretty impressed :)

I think I want one now... has anyone else here played with them?

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Shot one yesterday - wow - super great gun for the 900ish pricetag... seems like a sleeper (at least was a sleeper to me)
It was my first 1000 yard session, and I was able to hit a 10" gong - I was pretty impressed :)

I shot 5 into .6" at 100 yards with one I was helping my buddy break in and sight in. Pretty nice gun for sure. I like the stock on it quite a bit and fairly adjustable and options for flush cups is kinda cool.

Def a cool option. Heavier than my Tikka full chassis rifle and not stainless but a very cool rifle and my buddy is very happy with it thus far.

OP
rileybassman
I shot 5 into .6" at 100 yards with one I was helping my buddy break in and sight in. Pretty nice gun for sure. I like the stock on it quite a bit and fairly adjustable and options for flush cups is kinda cool.

Def a cool option. Heavier than my Tikka full chassis rifle and not stainless but a very cool rifle and my buddy is very happy with it thus far.

Defiantly is heavier and I was bummed it does not come with a stainless option - but it would not be a mountain gun - more of a target/coyote/antelope type of gun... the weight felt like it helped quite a bit on the bench... much easier to shoot then my lightweight hunter.

I agree the stock is pretty awesome - for the price, seems like a steal

I have one. It is a shooter for sure. Just shot 2 antelope this weekend with it and it seems like cheating it's so easy.
One at 380 and one at 430. Bang flop

Fireguy

WKR

You have a 24" CTR right? What chassis are you running and what is the weight? I just picked up a 24" CTR in 6.5 Creed and it is a shooter for sure, just hate the stock.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
You have a 24" CTR right? What chassis are you running and what is the weight? I just picked up a 24" CTR in 6.5 Creed and it is a shooter for sure, just hate the stock.

PM sent to not derail thread.

Fireguy

WKR

While not a B14, two of my buddies have the Bergera Premier Series LRP and love it. They are very accurate and well built. In fact I have strongly considered getting one.