Leica Ballistic solver update?

Anyone notice an update in Leica's ballistic software? I just created my first ballistic curve for my geovid HD B nockers and was pleasantly surprised by a couple things.

First, it let me adjust scope height above bore. My previous research on these indicated leica had this dimension locked at roughly 1.9".

Second, my geovids provide a dialing solution in MOA. I thought it would only provide click #s which is inconvenient for MOA scopes.

The geovid elevation solutions match what my kestrel with applied ballistics tells me at any distance id consider shooting at game.

I'm pretty pumped with these. It makes the additional bulk and weight easier to accept.

That all sounds pretty awesome! I haven’t checked it out lately but I will be doing so soon, as I plan to switch over my 7 mag from 168 to 195’s. That will make the validation process much faster and easier! Thanks for the heads up!

dotman

WKR
I noticed it but I'm new to it so assumed it was how they had it for years.

OP
wind gypsy
Before I bought mine I read this article about overcoming the ballistic app's shortcomings to true up dope - How To Setup Your Leica HD-B Ballistic Calculator - Bison Tactical

Turns out it wasn't necessary as putting in actual info worked (At least for my 300 WSM with 200 ELDx). Took one validation shot a few weeks ago and hit about 4" from POA at 774 yards which is beyond what I felt comfortable shooting this particular rifle at game. One data point doesn't make a trend but so far so good.

As far as the click #'s for your dialing solution - You can choose from 1/4 MOA, 1/3 MOA, or 1/1 MOA. I use 1/1 MOA because it gives you the solution to the nearest 10th of an MOA rather than a sold # click count. I.E. if calculated elevation correction is 6.38 MOA it will give you a 6.4 MOA solution rather than rounding to the nearest whole number 6 like I would have thought.

Last edited: