shooting yoke adapter for tripod

Is anyone using a shooting yoke adapter for a tripod for shooting long distance? I'm always packing a tripod for my compact spotting scope. I'm thinking I just need a yoke adapter for my tripod and that would be the way to go. There are a couple of inexpensive ones on Amazon, but I am not sure I want one that pivots.

Amazon.com: Hammers V Yoke rest mount attachment with 1/4-20 Camera thread for monopod shooting stick tripod: Camera & Photo

Amazon.com: Glide Gear V Yoke Hunting Gun Rifle Stick/ Monopod / Tripod Holder: Sports & Outdoors

Owenst7

WKR
I have that Hammers one. Bought it because it looked like the lightest one I could find. Weighs about 1 ounce...plenty durable/rigid enough.

It would do the job just fine if my tripod were more stable. As it is, I found it easier to just carry my bipod and shoot off that. Less fiddling around with crap when I'm trying to get on an animal, also. I may employ its use for coyotes though, since they're usually in flatter terrain with taller brush around here.

N8iV Warrior

Lil-Rokslider
I have a buddy that let me try out his Pig Saddle made by Shadow Tech, i used it and liked it for hunting coyotes even. Check it out well worth the weight and stabilization of your rifle for long distance shots.

mcseal2

WKR
I use the Outdoorsmans models with my pan head also from them. The plain Y is lighter, faster, and quieter, but the saddle one is steadier. Which I pack depends on the hunt.

TheTone

WKR
I've been looking most closely at the outdoorsmans, hog saddle and the triclawps; anyone have experience with those three and would recommend one over the others

I have one that was built out of PVC pipe and foam that I screw an adapter plate into so I could use it on my vortex tripod. So far it works pretty well.

mcseal2

WKR
I just got the Triclops but haven't used it yet. The Outdoorsmans was steady enough when I was messing with it the other night I could keep my reticle on my trail cam at 300yds with the scope turned up to 30x. I was in my deer blind sitting in a folding chair, elbow on knee, and had a 13lb rifle set up on the carbon fiber tripod in the Outdoorsmans saddle. I had the chamber empty and dry fired on it a few times making sure I was steady enough if the management deer I was after came out. I think it would have worked fine but he didn't.