What scope?

Wolf-killer

Lil-Rokslider
Need ideas for a scope for a 28 nosler with a turret to get out to 1000yds. With weight be a factor, price not.
I currently have a huskemwaw 5-20x50on my 300 win mag and I like it just was thinking there could be something better
Was thinking about the swaro z8i but don't understand there turret system, seems like you get 4 rings so that would only get you to 400yds but maybe I'm wrong
How about the Night force are they heavier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I would go with the 3-18 Swaro X5. It runs a little lighter than the Nightforce options, dials accurately and the glass is stellar.

If price isn’t an issue I’d run European glass for sure.... Swaro/Kahles would be at the top of my list. Although I was quite impressed with the Razor AMG that came through the Shop
Recently... and they’re made/assembled here in the US.

If price isn’t an issue I’d run European glass for sure.... Swaro/Kahles would be at the top of my list. Although I was quite impressed with the Razor AMG that came through the Shop
Recently... and they’re made/assembled here in the US.

^what he said. That AMG is sick. I agree with European glass but the reticles in the euro glass are usually less than desirable. Nightforce scopes are heavy pigs. If money wasn't an option I would run a Schmidt and Bender or Kahles. US optics would be my third choice. March and Valdada scopes are pretty sick also.

WRO

WKR
Need ideas for a scope for a 28 nosler with a turret to get out to 1000yds. With weight be a factor, price not.
I currently have a huskemwaw 5-20x50on my 300 win mag and I like it just was thinking there could be something better
Was thinking about the swaro z8i but don't understand there turret system, seems like you get 4 rings so that would only get you to 400yds but maybe I'm wrong
How about the Night force are they heavier?

Just run the turret on the Z8 without the rings. It'll do 7 mils. That will get you past the 1k line easy. The Glass is epic.

OP
Wolf-killer

Wolf-killer

Lil-Rokslider
Just run the turret on the Z8 without the rings. It'll do 7 mils. That will get you past the 1k line easy. The Glass is epic.

Ok that's what I was wondering

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
I would go with the 3-18 Swaro X5. It runs a little lighter than the Nightforce options, dials accurately and the glass is stellar.

What Justin said. The Swaro 3-18x50 X5 is sweet! Or Nightforce ATACR 4-16x50 F2. I have both. If tomorrow I had to decide which to keep it would be the ATACR but I'd lose sleep over the decision. The Swaro is 28oz and the ATACR is 33oz. For me it's a non-factor on a long range rig. I like the turret set up and zero stop way better on the Nightforce. 16x is plenty and actually preferred for hunting on my rig as the subtensions work at max and 16x is about what I like for inside 1k ish. Glass better on the Swaro but it's damn close. In fact it's bias that's making me say that. I bet they are a draw for practical purposes.