MOA Rifles, Cooper, Fierce?

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, I'm looking at rifles from these companies and was wondering what peoples opinions are? I've been having a heck of a time trying to get ahold of a certain company to have a custom build in my price range, so I might go a different route. Does anyone know how well these guns shoot with premium factory ammo? I'm still working on getting reloading stuff in order to do it myself. I have a Remington 700 Sendero in 300 win. mag that I like and shoots well, it's just a little heavy when putting on miles.

In the essence of shameless self promotion.... what is your price range for a custom??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neverenoughhntn

Lil-Rokslider
Personally, I'd shy away from the last that you listed in your title.... I have a couple close friends that have had some unsatisfactory experiences, and their customer service was greatly lacking. (Yes, they are very experienced shooters/reloaders)

carter33

WKR
I have a Fierce (edge .338 win mag) and have had a good experience. It shoots sub moa with factory ammo and I have not started reloading for it yet but intend to begin soon. The coating on the metal has been fantastic and far surpasses standard stainless steel, I float hunt and have had issues with stainless steel in the past. The stock is nice, it cycles well, solid magazine and overall has been the best rifle I have owned. The front swivel stud pulled out cracking the stock a bit and I had to send it in, the repair was covered free of charge and I believe Sportsman's Warehouse shipped it in for free as well. That is my only experience with their customer service.

I mentioned it is the best rifle I have owned but I will caveat that by saying it is the most expensive and only "premium" rifle I have owned. I cannot say I am unhappy with it in any way and the rifle is superior to my ability as a shooter. Though for $2500 I do sometimes wish I would have saved a bit more and went with a custom, RBros to be specific. Some of this may also have to do with the fact that I want to go back to .300 win mag as my primary cartridge.

FURMAN

WKR
I love my Fierce. I would buy another and would recommend them to anyone. I love Coopers as well but feel the Fierce is more suited for long range hunting. MOA are very nice rifles but I am not sure I could personally justify the cost over the Fierce. I have owned customs. I think I am going to use the Fierce for the next few hunts. I really think the action is my favorite action I have used and I have used many.

I have a fierce rifle, and my experience so far is that the rifle is awesome. Yes it shoots 1/2 Moa with factory ammo. yes it is exactly how I asked for it in the build.

As Neverenough stated, their customer service is lacking.
I ordered the gun talked to John directly, it was great, he was great.
I was clear to John, since I was ordering an in stock gun already built and only needed scope mounted and turret verified, I wanted it in 2 weeks. I even told him I read they were known for not holding to their commit dates, and I didn't want this experience. He assured me he would get it done.
Then the 2 weeks went by (during peak of rifle deer season) and no communication. I Sent email, no reply. I called left message, no reply- it was hunt season though.
I called one more time going into week 3, lady returned call- it was done and mailed.

I later on ordered a bore guide, same thing no communication- they are terrible, at this.
But the gun itself - exactly what I was hoping and what I paid for.

I was looking into Christensen Arms and was told - stay away.

I am pretty sure every company has customers not happy for what ever reason, but Fierce Arms for me and my experience is very good, other than communication.

I am not a trained Long Range shooter as many here are way more skilled, but in 2 outings I am already out to 900 yards and hitting steel, with a Fierce Arms rifle.

I have no opinion on Cooper, but I almost bought one on the classifieds here from a good guy- its still in the classifieds a few pages back, but I wanted my first one built so I could see and dissect the knowledge from others more in tune with these set ups.
I would have no issues buying another Fierce or a Cooper.

OP
R

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
$3000 bare rifle. I found a good deal on a MOA rifle, which usually costs more than my price range.

cerec_cat

FNG
I have been considering Cooper, Fierce, and a custom build in a 300 win mag. My opinion seems to change every couple of days.

Fireguy

WKR
I have been considering Cooper, Fierce, and a custom build in a 300 win mag. My opinion seems to change every couple of days.

Me too. Really want to get a 300 WM built that will come in around the 9.5 pound range scoped. Thinking a carbon fiber barrel. Will probably just go the custom route. Was leaning towards a Christensen Arms. Several buddies have the Fierce rifles. Nice rifles, seem pricey. Didn't care for the stock, feels like a fat B&C stock. Overall reminded me of a very expensive Sako.

Me too. Really want to get a 300 WM built that will come in around the 9.5 pound range scoped. Thinking a carbon fiber barrel. Will probably just go the custom route. Was leaning towards a Christensen Arms. Several buddies have the Fierce rifles. Nice rifles, seem pricey. Didn't care for the stock, feels like a fat B&C stock. Overall reminded me of a very expensive Sako.

I'm planning on picking up a seekins havak in 300 WM for $2k once they finalize their specs.

Fire_9

WKR
You can get a custom built for that price. Shoot me a pm and I can get you in touch with a smith that’ll build you what you want.

FURMAN

WKR
You will not get a custom built for 2k. You may get a 700 or Tikka built for that but that is not custom. Tikkas suffer from short mag boxes in long cartridges and 700s need a lot of work to get rid of the typical cock on close and poor(or non existent) primary extraction. Fierce, MOA, and Cooper do not have those issues(the Cooper mag box could be a little longer). I have not had my hands on a Havak but I am willing to bet it will beat any custom you can build for that price.

Fire_9

WKR
You will not get a custom built for 2k. You may get a 700 or Tikka built for that but that is not custom. Tikkas suffer from short mag boxes in long cartridges and 700s need a lot of work to get rid of the typical cock on close and poor(or non existent) primary extraction. Fierce, MOA, and Cooper do not have those issues(the Cooper mag box could be a little longer). I have not had my hands on a Havak but I am willing to bet it will beat any custom you can build for that price.

I should have clarified. I meant he could get a custom built for his price point of $3k, not the $2k price tag of a havak.

WRO

WKR
$3000 bare rifle. I found a good deal on a MOA rifle, which usually costs more than my price range.

I have an MOA rifle, they shoot great and really had 0 issues with it.

They have some of their shooting school guns onsale right now for nightforce nxs, rings, etc for like 4k, not a bad real.

excaliber

WKR
9.5 lbs is easily doable for a 300 WM. You can get there without a carbon barrel.

WRO

WKR
I just played with a precise rifle solutions 6.5 cm with s 24" pipe that weighed 4.5lbs with rings. It was a very nice stick. I shot a 300 rum he built that weighed 8.5 with a 5.5x22 NXS on it. Very nice stick.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
If I was buying today I'd call moa, get an accuracy guarantee and if it was 1/2 or better I'd buy the pkg. their nxs is 1500 and that's as cheap as you'll get anywhere.

Ten Bears

WKR
I shoot a Cooper 54 Excalibur in .308 that I scored slightly (not even broke in yet) used off of Gunbroker this year for $1350. With scope (vortex razor lh hd) it weighs in at a hair under 7lbs. The gun has been great with factory ammo. Shooting Nosler 165's in 1/2 inch grooups at 100. For my backpack rifle at 7lbs scoped it was the best purchase I have made in a while. The folks at Cooper have been outstanding to deal with regarding any questions I have had. Hope this helps.