what power range?

skierhs

WKR
So it looks like i will be picking up a 338 as my next long range rig. I have narrowed my scopes down to two diffrent scopes and cant pick one. The two options are NF ATACR 5-25f1 and the ATACR 7-35f1. I cant tell if i rather have the higher magnification or the extra 20 moa of total internal travel. This rifle will be at times streched out past a mile at times but not always. Any help is really apreciated becouse i cant decide. The extra money doesnt matter to me for the scope so let that play as little of a factor as possible. Thanks for all the help!

A couple of suggestions:

338 Norma is a better choice than 338 Lapua. (Better barrel life, better accuracy.)

You should take a look at the IOR scopes distributed by Valdada. The IOR Crusader is mounted on my long range gun, and I like it much more than the Nightforce it replaced. (Better glass, higher magnification, better brightness, lots of adjustment due to the fat tube.) Built like a tank.

Rthur

Lil-Rokslider
Either or, I'd say best price.
With the correct scope rail both should take you to subsonic bullet flight.
Your local DA will make that a ways out there.

R

OP
S

skierhs

WKR
A couple of suggestions:

338 Norma is a better choice than 338 Lapua. (Better barrel life, better accuracy.)

You should take a look at the IOR scopes distributed by Valdada. The IOR Crusader is mounted on my long range gun, and I like it much more than the Nightforce it replaced. (Better glass, higher magnification, better brightness, lots of adjustment due to the fat tube.) Built like a tank.

I'll have to look into that one. I have seen the stats on the 300 norma but not the 338 version. How is the norma more acurate since they would be shooting the same pill and the charge. casing would just be diffrent? I'm fairly set on the NF becouse that is just what i prefer for rifle scopes but i will look at your sugestion.

OP
S

skierhs

WKR
Either or, I'd say best price.
With the correct scope rail both should take you to subsonic bullet flight.
Your local DA will make that a ways out there.

R

That is for sure, with my DA i need about 100 moa to get under mach 1. I'm excited to get a caliber that can take me to those ranes with that performance especially in retained energy. I wont be taking game at that range but it's a nice perk to have.