New Midas TAC scopes from Athlon

OP
HellsCanyon
Quick initial impressions video... Yes it is a cell phone video ;)

[video=youtube_share;qtLXLvByqb0]https://youtu.be/qtLXLvByqb0[/video]

Lawnboi

WKR
A year has gone by how are people liking this scope. Looking for a budget option in the 40mm size range and this one is checking a lot of boxes.

Have they been reliable?

tdhanses

WKR
A year has gone by how are people liking this scope. Looking for a budget option in the 40mm size range and this one is checking a lot of boxes.

Have they been reliable?

I like my Ares BTR enough that I picked up a Midas Tac. My Ares has been spot on after 300+ rounds from the 270wsm and over a few thousand round from my 22LR shooting out to 300 yards with tons of dialing and always returning to zero.

For the price I don’t think there is a better option.

I have to agree with Mikes original post in this thread, if you don’t need illumination and a capped windage turret is good then really get the Midas Tac at a lower price point to the Ares BTR. Both have the updated turret cap with the single screw, same zero stop, Midas Tac has Stainless turret vs Brass on the Ares, same optics.

OP
HellsCanyon

Have they been reliable?

I’ve had exactly zero failures on them so far. And they’ve been set a top 90% magnum builds in the sub 9.5lb total weight class. Just put one on the wife’s new 6.5-06AI yesterday and loading for it today. Best optic for the price across the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
I’ve had exactly zero failures on them so far. And they’ve been set a top 90% magnum builds in the sub 9.5lb total weight class. Just put one on the wife’s new 6.5-06AI yesterday and loading for it today. Best optic for the price across the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happen to have a 44mm available?