CA Ridgeline CBTP

ID_Matt

WKR
CA Ridgeline CBTO

Starting to reload for my ridgeline in 300 win. My friend has the same rifle and we measured our distance to lands using the hornady OAL gauge and his rifle measured 2.868 while mine measured 2.845 with the same berger 210 bullets. Is this common to have that much different in chambers?

Last edited:
Starting to reload for my ridgeline in 300 win. My friend has the same rifle and we measured our distance to lands using the hornady OAL gauge and his rifle measured 2.868 while mine measured 2.845 with the same berger 210 bullets. Is this common to have that much different in chambers?
We're you using the same exact bullet? Not the same brand, size, etc....The same bullet.

I've measured as much as .014 difference lot to lot on my 195 Berger bullets for my 28. And that's ogive to bullet base measurements.

Just my 2 cents and worth the price charged.

FURMAN

WKR
The answer to your question is yes. I have seen almost that much with the exact same reamer.

Also, did the same person do the measuring? It's not hard for one person to push into the lands more than the other.

If one gun has been shot more it's possible the throat has eroded that much too.

OP
ID_Matt

ID_Matt

WKR
Different person measuring different guns, but he measured mine and we got the same measurement. I can use all sorts of pressure when measuring mine and still not even come close to the length of his. The guns both shoot phenomenal so I am not worried about that. Was just wondering if that was common at all with the same gun. Sounds like it is!