Tikka Aftermarket Stocks, What Do You Like?

Do you order the pillars for bedding when you order your Manner’s stocks?

I do. I don’t like them pre-installed. Bottom metals never line up flush and I despise using spacers for correct case head presentation and bottom metal aesthetics.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Journeyman

Journeyman

Lil-Rokslider
I do. I don’t like them pre-installed. Bottom metals never line up flush and I despise using spacers for correct case head presentation and bottom metal aesthetics.

Mike

Nice, have you had the opportunity to setup a rifle in one of their mini chassis? I'm leaning that way to avoid the necessity of bedding if possible.

My plan is to get a CTR in 6.5 Creedmore, shoot it as is until the new stock comes then put the barreled action in it. I'm hoping to shoot it enough to need a new barrel within a year. At that point I'd love to do a carbon barrel but my question for you is what you would recommend I tell them for barrel channel when I order the stock.

Nice, have you had the opportunity to setup a rifle in one of their mini chassis? I'm leaning that way to avoid the necessity of bedding if possible.

My plan is to get a CTR in 6.5 Creedmore, shoot it as is until the new stock comes then put the barreled action in it. I'm hoping to shoot it enough to need a new barrel within a year. At that point I'd love to do a carbon barrel but my question for you is what you would recommend I tell them for barrel channel when I order the stock.

I haven’t used their mini chassis but I’m sure it’s quality.

I would order a Sendero channel. Your factory barrel is going to look a bit small in there but it’ll save you the headache and expense of re-inletting for a future barrel upgrade.

Mike

OP
Journeyman

Journeyman

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t used their mini chassis but I’m sure it’s quality.

I would order a Sendero channel. Your factory barrel is going to look a bit small in there but it’ll save you the headache and expense of re-inletting for a future barrel upgrade.

Mike

Awesome thanks man! I'll give you a call when I get close to needing a barrel.