Help me spend my money!

Hey everyone! Long time looker, first time poster.

Right now I have a Remington sendero with a muzzlebrake and a timney chambered in 300wm. It shoots both the 208 elds and the 215 bergers exceptionally well and it is the gun I generally grab when I am headed out to hunt or help hunt. I have packed it up and down the mountains for the last 3 years but the damn thing is heavy!

So right now I am trying to figure out if I want to buy one of Mikes carbon killer barrels and twist one of those on it? Or I am wondering if I should just go buy a donor action and start from scratch with maybe a #3 bartlein? Or should I just hang my purse up and keep carrying the gun around as is?

What would you guys do if you were in this situation?

I am very happy with the 300wm and want to stick to that caliber.

Thanks in advance!

Hard to argue against spinning up an HCA carbon killer barrel... :) You'll save 12+ ounces on the barrel swap alone. Upgrading stock will net you quite a bit more but doesn't have to be done right away.

Mike

2five7

WKR
Start fresh, no need to chop up a Sendero that shoots great! Plus, a man can never have too many rifles!

ckleeves

WKR
You might do pretty well selling the stock and barrel on EBay. Sometimes it surprises me how much those HS stocks and used Remington take off barrels sell for.

Going with a carbon or lighter contour barrel will certainly help but those stocks are heavy. I think around 42+-oz heavy! Spin a carbon barrel on and drop that baby into a EH1 if your wanting to spend some $$$ and save some weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rthur

Lil-Rokslider
Start fresh, no need to chop up a Sendero that shoots great! Plus, a man can never have too many rifles!

This ^^^
Many options available to build fairly light in a long action.

R