Follow along on the #KeeganStrong Build

OP
HellsCanyon
Great build!! Excellent work! Nathan's brakes are by far my favorite and really help tame muzzle jump.
Are you measuring off the lands with a long stem when dialing in the chamber? Also when you pre drill are you using custom ground core drill bits or just a regular drill bit?

Not using any bits of any kind to preBORE the chamber :)

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
HellsCanyon
Can you elaborate on this? Meaning that instead of using something like the Redding competition shellholders to gradually bump the shoulder back to get that clearance, you'd expect to get the same clearance with a standard shellholder?

I really don’t see the need for the Redding shell holders. With a properly headspaced chamber, you will always be real close to bottoming out the sizing die on a standard shell holder. Lock down the lock ring on the die and keep that shell holder matched with that die for that chamber and you shouldn’t ever have to adjust it....

Mike

OP
HellsCanyon
Keegan’s rifle got lasered today....

2ada2cd6bc5e83a99c965412758b1cfd.jpg

7b76d7c923548bad68fd773a61d1baad.jpg

At this point we’re waiting for his stock to get back from dipping. Pretty excited about the color combo we came up with. It’ll be fairly unique I believe ;)

Mike

OP
HellsCanyon
Things have been insanely busy, haven’t had much time for the forums lately. Keegan’s rifle is done and was handed off to my friend and hunting bud Karl 10 days ago. The hydrodip turned out fantastic and Keegan is darn excited. Though it’ll likely be May or June before he’s able to make it out of the hospital and get some rounds down range. Until then, Karl has dies and Lapua brass to fire form and he’s going to get everything dialed in. Thanks for following along, I’ll update this thread periodically with any pertinent details/progress reports of Keegan.
You can also see where I threaded and added an oversized bolt handle to the rifle. The Bolt was a bit sticky with the cerakote as well so I took .0015” off the Bolt OD and recoated it. Runs like butter now.

2d9a96ec0f241accd790119b5458f938.jpg

cf9749eca2806345cd6a2437bbc5e2e9.jpg

da202712ae964b51aaee9ded94ccb456.jpg

Mike