javelin bipod

JP100

WKR
Just looked at the price of these!!

Do you guys think they are really worth the coin?

Have seen alot of reviews and everyone has good stuff to say, but they are crazy spendy

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I don’t know if it’s “worth the coin” but I’m pretty happy with the purchase, I guess it just depends on the person spending the money.....my wife dosent think it was worth it but what does she know.

I got to use mine yesterday and I’m impressed with it. I have it mounted on a kimber Montana 308 which isn’t a “long range” gun but it’s really cool how light it is and how quickly it attaches to the rifle. Those are the 2 biggest issues I have with taking a bipod into the mountains with me, they are usually heavy and I don’t like to keep them on the rifle so it would take time to set it up if I wanted to use it. Now that I have the javelin, I’ll take the bipod with me.

For the range, I’ll still just pack my Harris along but when I’m out looking for sheep and caribou I’ll definitely take the javelin along since it basically has no penalties to it.

I guess for me, it was worth th money but like a lot of guys here, I’m a nerd for lightweight gear and I’m always looking to drop weight on my mountain hunting kit when I can. I guess this bipod adds weight but in my opinion it’s worth the 5oz.

204guy

WKR
JP, in short, yes. There's nothing else out there as light AND functional.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

cowboy300

WKR
Ive got one and for sure get the pod lok for it. It provides alot better leverage than the thumb wheel thing for locking down the cant adjustment.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
My only gripe is that the mount for another rifle costs 45 bucks. Not the end of the world but it’s sort of crazy that the mount accounts for 20% of the cost.

OP
E
Most everybody seems to be happy with theirs. I was pretty underwhelmed when I got mine initially. Then mine broke the first time out with it. but spartan did send me a locking lever for the canting head and a cool hat. Been about a month, still waiting on my replacement. hoping I just got a bad one and the replacement lives up to everyone else's reviews.

casey58

FNG
Do y'all tend to use the short or the long version more for hunting situations?
I had the short and hunted with it for a year, I had trouble getting set up on up hill shots and in grass taller than 8". I ended up selling it and buying the long version.

UtahJimmy

WKR
Most everybody seems to be happy with theirs. I was pretty underwhelmed when I got mine initially. Then mine broke the first time out with it. but spartan did send me a locking lever for the canting head and a cool hat. Been about a month, still waiting on my replacement. hoping I just got a bad one and the replacement lives up to everyone else's reviews.

Can you elaborate on what broke and how it broke? Pictures?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

please tell.

OP
E
the leg locking mechanism broke off/came unglued from the male leg. The mechanism got stuck inside the female tube. I wish the unit came with stronger magnets all the way around. When it comes to trekking poles, lever locks are the way to go. I think they would be a better choice on this bipod as well. Im gona need more shooting time on this bipod to decide if it was worth it or not.