javelin bipod

What do you guys think of the Spartan javelin bipods? Looking for a longer range back packing style bipod and this one seems perfect. just looking for opinions from guys who hunt with one. Also I noticed Leupold is now offering a bipod which looks exactly like a Javelin, is it a total knock off or something they licensed through Spartan Precision?

Dotman has a review In the general forum and Justin Crossley did a review a year maybe more ago. Very positive feedback

OP
E
Dotman has a review In the general forum and Justin Crossley did a review a year maybe more ago. Very positive feedback

I read through those but they seem more like an impressions review rather than actually using extensively for a couple seasons type review. though they were helpful

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
They are pretty awesome. My son shot his bull elk at 750 and his antelope at 515 off of the javelin. I shot a mule deer at 460 off of them and have shot rocks out to 1800 with the javelin. I wouldn’t shoot comps with one. But they are the ultimate hunting bipod IMO.
7cdc3b579fd4d618317b96c2697c8040.jpg

7769ac2556086ae7223ef797cc232e31.jpg

e95ba07481cb13f8ad8d4d9da76f5ad0.jpg

f64c770440db5ca14452390c1588f7f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
What do you guys think of the Spartan javelin bipods? Looking for a longer range back packing style bipod and this one seems perfect. just looking for opinions from guys who hunt with one. Also I noticed Leupold is now offering a bipod which looks exactly like a Javelin, is it a total knock off or something they licensed through Spartan Precision?

Cooper is also posting pictures through their fbook account with what looks like a Javelin (or 300) with their (Cooper) logo on it....

I am also wondering what the 300 offers over the Javelin?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
The 300 is built for short engagements, more for the AR crowd. The 300 doesn’t lock up but you can change the tension.

PredatorX

WKR
Are you guys backpacking these in? I'm wondering if it is worth the extra weight?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
thanks ryan, thats the type of feed back i was looking for. Do you know anything about the leupold version?

Spartan is putting leupold, Cooper and a few other companies logo on it, it’s a partnership and is an authentic product.

Instagram

Here is the First Lite version they made Instagram

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
Are you guys backpacking these in? I'm wondering if it is worth the extra weight?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yes, weight is nothing (as you can see in my review) and fits in a Kifaru pocket easily. I put the long legs inside my pack as well.

Last edited:

6.5x284

WKR
Been running one for 4 seasons now. Talked a lot with Spartan early on when they were trying to get them into the states and tested the original and new model on several platforms for them. I have the bipod adapter on all my hunting rifles and have the bipod in my water bottle pocket while hunting. It’s performed awesome, and I love the ability to not have weight on the front of the gun hiking in or shooting off hand. Works great on my Kimber MT and just as well on my heavy rifles. I have a lot of .300 WM rounds on it with zero issues. I see zero POI change between bag, bipod, or different brand bipod. I’ve had first round hits to 1380 yards with it (rocks). Christensen Arms is also selling a Javelin with their logo now. Glad to see it gaining some popularity! Buy with confidence if you’re good with stashing it in your pack/pocket!

robie

WKR
How are you guys carrying yours in the field?

I see Jim sells a sling that has a pocket for it? Anyone tried it?

The 300 is built for short engagements, more for the AR crowd. The 300 doesn’t lock up but you can change the tension.

Son of a B! I didn't know that, should have looked closer before throwing a few hundred dollars at one...

Do you know how tight the tension can get?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Son of a B! I didn't know that, should have looked closer before throwing a few hundred dollars at one...

Do you know how tight the tension can get?

You can tighten it but not enough for my liking on a dedicated LR Rig.

Flojoe

FNG
Do y'all tend to use the short or the long version more for hunting situations?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I got mine yesterday so I haven't had a chance to use it much but its pretty awesome, weighs nothing and fits into the cargo pocket of my Kuiu attack pants with no issues.