G7 rangefinder question

kjw

WKR
Hey all, I’ve been tinkering in the long range game for a little bit. I’ve been using the Br2 rangefinder and for what I’m doing it seems to work fine. My question is what is the difference between the MOA setting vs the yardage dial to setting? I’ve notice you add more info for the dial to, does this make it more accurate when changing elevations or is the MOA setting equally as accurate when changing climates and elevations. Thanks for any help on this.

BULLBLASTER

Lil-Rokslider
The calculation is the same. It accounts for the same variables. The yardage dial setting just corrects to the conditions that your calibrated dial is for. It’s a setting to correspond to the turret on your scope.

If your scope has MOA increments on it then use the MOA setting on your G2, if your scope has ballistic turrets then you would use the yardage setting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
K

kjw

WKR
Thanks guys. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something and make sure I could still change elevations and conditions in the MOA setting. Save myself some money not having to get a custom turret. Thanks

Correct. You do not need to have a Custom Turret printed or laser etched. I just use the standard MOA turrets on my NF scopes and the G7 laser works excellent. Only issue that I have is the limitation on the ballistic solution is 1399yards. It will range farther and show the distance to the target but will only give a MOA correction for out to 1399y.
Excellent piece of gear and I love mine.