Reloading Books/videos

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Well, I'm trying to start to get into reloading, and I was wondering if anyone had any information on books or DVDs that are good for knowledge. I just plan reloading for a few hunting rifles and one custom hunting rifle that I am having built. I do not have all the reloading equipment to do it yet as I am just trying to get stuff here and there. If there is anything that has helped you guys along the way I wouldn't mind any help. Thanks in advance.

The snipershide reloading forum has a bunch of sticky threads that are great. Just know that they tend to be very detailed and you don't need to be that detailed. It takes a while to figure out what stuff you want to waste time with and what you dont.. there is lots of good info on accurate shooter too.

I just bought the Lyman reloading manual and read through it to get a feel for the basic process before getting into the weeds with all the other little things you can find on the internet. I feel like that is a pretty good path. Of course it is always helpful to find a mentor to walk you through it on your first few rounds as well.

Last edited:

GrantMan

Lil-Rokslider
The ABC's of reloading is a pretty good book and more detailed then the information found in the front of a reloading manual.

The best single book on reloading, imo, is “Reloading the Metal Cartridge” by Mic McPherson. It’s completely dog-eared by now. I think it’s required reading for all reloaded, regardless of their skill level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
IIMO, the absolute required reading is "Any Shot You Want" by Art Alphin. Spendy but it is a classic. There is also a shitload of information out there, some bad and mostly good. Any good known component manufacturer puts out informative decent manuals.

Randy

Mosby

WKR
David Tubb and Sierra did a reloading video several years ago that I think is outstanding for someone getting into reloading. Good information on a variety of equipment and setting up dies. I recommend it highly.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
David Tubb and Sierra did a reloading video several years ago that I think is outstanding for someone getting into reloading. Good information on a variety of equipment and setting up dies. I recommend it highly.

yup, that one is excellent.

Randy