Suppresser for 300 WSM

mt.ghost

FNG
I'm thinking about a suppresser for my longrange rig any experience on the best ones and I'm trying to stay under $1000
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Gemtech Tracker in jail right now that will go on my 300wsm. A couple buddies have them and they are pretty slick for the money. I will say, watch the QD versions of any break, they add a bunch of extra weight on the end of the barrel

OP
M

mt.ghost

FNG
The gemtech is a nice price but I'm not sure about it being aluminum. Any thoughts on that titanium vs stainless vs aluminum.

The couple buddies of mine that have them, have used them for a couple of seasons with nothing negative to report. I am pretty green to the suppressor world as well. I shot a buddys rifle with the Omega on it and I really liked it. The problem with his setup was weight. He had the quick detach muzzle break mount and it added a bunch of weight on the end of his barrel. I am probably going to order up one more here soon with the qd mount (likely the Omega) and use it for my ar's.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Been around a lot of cans. After shooting a bunch it's really hard to beat a Thunder Beast Ultra 7 or 9.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Been around only silenerco omega and TBAC ultra 7 and ultra 5 and ultra 338 all are great and i currently have a couple ultra 7 I’m waiting but I am really wanting an ultra 5 for my fieldcraft.

OP
M

mt.ghost

FNG
Ok thanks for all the info guys. Really helps

My favorite cans are TBAC Ultras and the Ultra 7 .30 is my favorite. 2nd place on my .300 goes to my SiCi Omega. It dampens the recoil more but it’s got a much bigger POI shift compared to the Ultras.

J.Davis

FNG
I will echo those above and suggest the Thunderbeast. I picked up an ultra 9 in 6.5 two years ago and have been very happy with it. Great cans, lockup well and minimal, if any, POI shift. That being said, I have an older Gemtech Sandstorm that I am pretty fond of as well. Given the growth in the suppressor industry in the last 10 years, the sandstorm is old news, but still works great. Lots of good options available, especially around the price range you set.