The "Best" suppressor

Msowa

Lil-Rokslider
Couple of things the OP mentioned, the first one in particular..."everyone is happy with their purchase" it's hard to argue with subjective opinions. Take a owner's opinion on the internet with a spool full of salt, there are always trade offs with cans and you have to decide what specs are most important to you.
I have an FFL/SOT, I've sold a pretty good amount of cans in last 3 years-pretty green to the NFA world really. the first question I ask a customer is what gun(s) is it going on and from there I can steer the conversation.

Sounds like a direct thread style would suit you, reduced cost of extra mounts; however a brake may save the bbl threads from damage. I went brake attach initially and since have gone to DT as it's a cost thing. If you buy quality brake attach cans you wont have inconsistent POI shifts, quality is key.

As for size, I'd say a 7" can would suit your needs. I have sold more 30cal 7" cans then any other size, by a long shot. They typically have very good reduction and the weight/length trade off is ideal. The extra 2-4dB with a 9" is significant but the size trade off is there. A 5" is pretty damn cool, much better then nothing but for your first can I think you'd be disappointed, besides you'll buy more-they're like crack..right Mr Avery?! lol

My last point for you to consider brings us back to brands...the numbers are gonna be acceptably close between makes but what really makes the difference is the tone. Cans will meter the same but to the shooters ear there will always be a difference. Sleeves and baffle construction as well as metal types vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and with that the tone will be different as well as the cost. Not all cans are made equally. Don't buy a certain can based on price along, you are in it for the long haul and the cry once principle really applies.

I'm an unabashed TBAC fan and dealer. I have other brands in the safe as well. I like the way TBAC does business, no drama, no bashing on other brands, 100% stand behind their products, cutting edge materials and construction methods, never a doubt repeatability, awesome tone, and they support the shooting sports with prize table contributions-I rarely see other manufacturers giving cans away. This last bit was more than you were asking so I apologize, hope it gives a starting point. Matt

WKR
TBAC UL7 is hard to beat. Would love to test fire a UL9 sometime.

cjl2010

Lil-Rokslider
Have any of you guys used the ballista TI? It’s an over the barrel model and only adds 5”. I believe it’s 13.6 oz.

fatbacks

WKR
I am waiting on approval for a Griffin Armament Sportsman Ultra Light .300 can. Primarily using it in a 6.5 Creed Barrett Fieldcraft. But I am going to get muzzle brakes for several of my other rifles. Will review it when I have more time behind the trigger.

This is the can I bought: Sportsman Ultra Light .300 Silencer

Whisky mentioned Dakota Silencer’s Varmiter 4.0. I am still waiting for approval but will post a full review of it after I spend a good amount of time behind the trigger. I am from South Dakota so and they are a local company which did play into some but I was able to handle the can before I purchased. I also work with several guys who have the 3.0 and have been really pleased.

Here is the link.
Varminter 4.0 in .30 Caliber | Dakota Silencer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whisky mentioned Dakota Silencer’s Varmiter 4.0. I am still waiting for approval but will post a full review of it after I spend a good amount of time behind the trigger. I am from South Dakota so and they are a local company which did play into some but I was able to handle the can before I purchased. I also work with several guys who have the 3.0 and have been really pleased.

Here is the link.
Varminter 4.0 in .30 Caliber | Dakota Silencer

Never heard of them before whisky's post but that is a very interesting concept. Especially if there are not additional issues from the number of parts.

fatbacks

WKR
I am waiting on approval for a Griffin Armament Sportsman Ultra Light .300 can. Primarily using it in a 6.5 Creed Barrett Fieldcraft. But I am going to get muzzle brakes for several of my other rifles. Will review it when I have more time behind the trigger.

This is the can I bought: Sportsman Ultra Light .300 Silencer

The suppressor made it to the store. Still waiting on my application approval. The cool thing is that the dealer will keep it in their safe and go to the range with you to let you get some trigger time while your waiting on NFA app approval.

b9b5d41f9ad1947b767c4c42a3c05e0a.jpg

f08fbda6c0e849770b9d8ac42d901956.jpg

44196d06df13ccfed096289826acaea8.jpg

Oldffemt

WKR
The griffin sportsman is next on my list. I bought a Recce 7 for my first centerfire can. I was big into AR’s at the time and wanted increased rate of fire. The Recce 7 is a 7” can I believe and adds approximately 5” in length and weighs 16oz. The taper mount system is awesome and very repeatable, they also make a 1oz ti mini-brake for ~$90. I think any of the well known brands will be good, I’m already invested in the griffin taper mounts so that’s the direction I’m going. May want to consider muzzle device weight and cost as part of your decision, I’ve spent around $500 in mounts which is almost enough for another can.