.300 winchester Magnum practice factory rounds

pkgtot66

FNG
Hello,
I recently purchased a x bolt stalker LR and I am looking for good recommendations. I can’t reload yet and have to buy factory rounds.

I am lookig for factory ammo rounds to practice shooting. My barrel is a 1/10 twist with a muzzle break.

If it help to breakdown better cartridges for differebt ranges please do. I will be hunting with 180 grain or so bullets.

Thanks

I have the Browning X Bolt LR Stalker and I shoot Nosler AB 180 gr. I will opt to practice with, what I plan to hunt with.
I found the Winchester Silver tip ballistics shot pretty close to the same as these.

I think I am out to 600 yards with this now. Cant remember, I moved on to 2 other rifles after I got this one. It is a good shooter, kind of heavy with the Big Vortex I put on it (6x24). But that helps it stay a little under control.
:)

I got the all black out one- what did you get?
These are really decent rifles for the $$.
Just hard to find extra mags ever in stock for them....

Djacker

WKR
I broke my 300 win mag in with 190 grain accubond long range. They shot good. I took a bull elk at 460 with those factory rounds, dropped him in his tracks. I switched to hand loaded bergers, haven't hunted with the bergers yet. Midway had a great sale on the accubonds so i bought 6 boxes.

I just bought one of these in 7 mag. I’m itching to break it in but it isnt here yet :(. Glad to see some people are having good luck with them

OP
P

pkgtot66

FNG
I have the Browning X Bolt LR Stalker and I shoot Nosler AB 180 gr. I will opt to practice with, what I plan to hunt with.
I found the Winchester Silver tip ballistics shot pretty close to the same as these.

I think I am out to 600 yards with this now. Cant remember, I moved on to 2 other rifles after I got this one. It is a good shooter, kind of heavy with the Big Vortex I put on it (6x24). But that helps it stay a little under control.
:)

I got the all black out one- what did you get?
These are really decent rifles for the $$.
Just hard to find extra mags ever in stock for them....

I got all black also. Still deciding on optics but, trying to buy rounds a little at a time. Any info is great.

OP
P

pkgtot66

FNG
Thanks for the info...

Yes when considering load for later reload. What should advice or recommendations for factory rounds? Hornady match, nosler trophy, ppu, and waiting for others to come in stock. Barnes or sst ?

I got all black also. Still deciding on optics but, trying to buy rounds a little at a time. Any info is great.
2 years ago I got a vortex 6x24 pst

But since then a lot of good shipped have hit my radar for similar price range, but better in certain areas

Scroll thru the optics threads and you see a lot of them

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

505Wapiti

WKR
I broke my 300 win mag in with 190 grain accubond long range. They shot good. I took a bull elk at 460 with those factory rounds, dropped him in his tracks. I switched to hand loaded bergers, haven't hunted with the bergers yet. Midway had a great sale on the accubonds so i bought 6 boxes.
I realize this is an old thread but was curious what rifle you are referencing breaking in with these rounds and killing your bull? I bought a new rifle in .300 win mag and have 6 boxes of these I never shot out of my other .300. I’ve read issues with these coming apart at closer ranges, have you had any bad experiences with this?

thanks,

Djacker

WKR
It's a semi custom Rem 700 action bartlein barrel. After shooting that particular bull I switched to berger 215 hybrids. Hybrids grouped better, only reason I switched. I've shot several whitetails with that gun since. Ranges from 10-300 yards. No issues all drt.