The 6mm Creedmoor and 108 gr ELD-M on an elk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
[video=youtube_share;7VOIBzaaBsM]https://youtu.be/7VOIBzaaBsM[/video]

Here is a quick video using the little 6 creedmoor on a cow elk.

cowboy300

WKR
The speedy 6mms are highly underrated killers. I have a 243 AI that is like Thors hammer on antelope. Its also killed a few elk and deer. I believe its 21-0 on one shot kills over 3 years using 105 Berger Hybrids

The speedy 6mms are highly underrated killers. I have a 243 AI that is like Thors hammer on antelope. Its also killed a few elk and deer. I believe its 21-0 on one shot kills over 3 years using 105 Berger Hybrids

Wow! That's pretty damn cool!

Great job by the little huntress and congrats to dad as well! I've used the 6mm Remington for a long time and have taken elk with it too! It sure is a great cartridge as is the Creedmoor.

texag10

WKR
Obviously the answer is it did the job very effectively, but any additional thoughts on the performance of the ELD-M?

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Obviously the answer is it did the job very effectively, but any additional thoughts on the performance of the ELD-M?

They did everything you could ask from a 108 gr bullet. They broke both shoulders and destroyed part of the lungs and some shrapnel through the heart. Perfect shot placement from the young shooter too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

texag10

WKR
Thanks for the reply. Having the person pulling the trigger do such a great job always helps! Congrats to her on her elk.

Rthur

Lil-Rokslider

Good to know about the hybrids, haven't seen much on their terminal performance.

R