Shooter App or upgrade to Applied Ballistics

I've been using the Shooter App for a few years with pretty good success and don't really have any complaints. However when you see proven good shooters talking about app they are all running Applied Ballistics.

In my searching I cannot easily determine the difference although I know there is a difference.

I originally went with Shooter based on cost and it seemed to work well for most. Just wondering if there is a benefit I may be missing with Applied Ballistics. This will be run on an Iphone.

OP
doverpack12
Not right now and if/when I did at least in the near future it would just be for fun and seeing if I could hit.

FURMAN

WKR
I have both and see no difference if you give them the correct data. I do not use them much anymore with my Sig ABS 2400.

Broz

WKR
This will spell out the difference.
Field Test of Ballistic Apps. Cold Bore 1.0 , Applied Ballastics, & others

It's a big read kind of, but lots of good info in there about how to properly set an app up, and just how good the results are when you do. We shared all data and retested, so there is no debate.

But in a nut shell, AB offers CDM's (Custom Drag Models) as well as G1 and G7 BC's. We have found the CDM's are worth their weight when going past 1500 yards or so (different bullets and velocities vary distance). Other that that AB also uses Aerodynamic jump as part of the shooting solution. I don't think shooter does yet? AJ is another factor that is small in close but useful in ELR solutions especially across wide canyons with full value cross winds.

Jeff

Last edited:
OP
doverpack12
Thanks Jeff
I had actually read that awhile back on your forum. I’ll go through it again