What brake for 300 win mag?

I currently had my sako a7 in 300 win mag threaded and am curious as to which muzzle brake is recommended. I don’t want to get into I like brakes, I hate brakes! I know the advantages and disadvantages and want to try it out for myself. This will be used for hunting mostly and some target. Thanks

Nuke Man

WKR
I'm a fan of APA brakes. Depending on OD requirements I've used the micro and little bastards. Work great

TauPhi111

WKR
Precision Armament also makes great brakes. I have one on my precision rifle that is more of a tactical style (the M11) but they have more streamlined ones that would go great on a hunting rifle. If an extra inch or two doesn't bother you, the only real disadvantage of a brake is the noise, which means you need to carry ear pro with you and put it on before the shot.

super

Banned
I run one of these on my 300. Very effective at reducing recoil, and the flat bottom reduces dust kickup when shooting prone. Extremely loud though, and makes my nose run and eyes water from the concussion after about 10 rounds.

cowboy300

WKR
Look into the Piercision Rifles muscle brakes or his PR line of brakes. Cut the recoil down and are side discharge brakes so limit dust kick up shooting prone. I have used both and they have limited concussion to the shooter and are not obnoxiously loud.

codym

WKR
I use the lil bastard brake on my 300 win mag (remy sendero). It really knocks the recoil down, feels less than my un-braked 308. It's very easy to time and looks good. I'm working on a 6.5 bulid and will probably go with a PVA brake on that because of all the good I hear about them as well.

Checkout Muzzlebrakesandmore.com Nathan's brakes are extremely effective and work amazing. He will also contour and taper it to fit.

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
For a sporter weight barrel, I really like the APA Micro basterd. I put it on a 300wsm and it tamed it pretty dang well. Also only side ports, so not as much dust shooting up in the air if shooting prone.

odin0226

Lil-Rokslider
I don't think it matters 6 one way half dozen the other. I would reccomend side port for a hunting rig though.

satchamo

WKR
I don't know how you can beat Ross brakes. @ $35 you get a SS brake contoured to your barrel and he can even time it pretty close if you mark your threaded muzzle cap @ 12 o clock and send it to him. I did this and it indexed perfectly on my 300wm.

Extremely happy with mine. Rossbrakes.com

he_lives

FNG
I don't know how you can beat Ross brakes. @ $35 you get a SS brake contoured to your barrel and he can even time it pretty close if you mark your threaded muzzle cap @ 12 o clock and send it to him. I did this and it indexed perfectly on my 300wm.

Extremely happy with mine. Rossbrakes.com

Agreed. Hard to beat the price and quick turn around on Ross's brakes.

RECCE

FNG
Could anyone provide any input on what thread pitch works best for the Sako A7 Roughtech Pro in a 300 Win Mag? 5/8x24?

Broz

WKR
Reading this post surprises me. The Terminator line of brakes sold by Bertram brass are light, probably the most effective out there, and they do not direct percussion back to the shooter. They come in variety of sizes and calibers and they even make a self timing unit. They are tuff and the baffles stay put. I have seen some of the others mentioned in this thread drop baffles. I sure don't want a baffle across my bullet path on my custom rifle. I have been running a T5 Terminator on my big 375 (150 gr of 50 BMG) since I built it. There is a reason the Terminator T5 is the most used brake in ELR. The Terminator T3 will be the brake I use on my 300 HCM too. The T3 would be a great brake for the 300 win mag. Here is where you can get one. https://bertrambrass.com/product-category/muzzle-brakes/

I use MBM brakes on 90% of my builds. Have used a lot of different brakes and they all work. I’ve found nathan’s brake to work as good as anything else out there and not be overly priced. I also like to support a fellow ID company. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muzzle Breaks and More. I have a 3 port beast and 4 port little beast, both two piece self timing. Great recoil reduction and price.