AB Custom Drag models

skierhs

WKR
Is anyone in here using the applied ballistics custom drag models? I am trying to dial my system in and am wondering if the drag models are really as big of a value as some people claim they are. I am specifically looking at the foretrex 701 and trying to figure out if it's worth the jump from using a mobile app and a kestrel drop D3.

Is anyone in here using the applied ballistics custom drag models? I am trying to dial my system in and am wondering if the drag models are really as big of a value as some people claim they are. I am specifically looking at the foretrex 701 and trying to figure out if it's worth the jump from using a mobile app and a kestrel drop D3.

My real world data matches up better with a G7 BC out to 1500 in the Sig Kilo 2400ABS, but to be fair that was with a new bullet with an inflated advertised BC. It was off for the CDM, G1, and G7 BC’s but G7 was the closest.

I’ve since changed bullets and have used G7 and its been spot on out to 1500. Haven’t gotten to test much more. I really think you need to go past a mile to see the differences.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

skierhs

WKR
Thanks for the info! I feel that i will likely go with the foretrex if i do jump up from a phone app since it seams to be the most streamlined for what i am looking for. With the kilo 2400 ABS what is the farthest you've had ranged?

Thanks for the info! I feel that i will likely go with the foretrex if i do jump up from a phone app since it seams to be the most streamlined for what i am looking for. With the kilo 2400 ABS what is the farthest you've had ranged?

With fresh batteries I’ve gotten multiple 2k+ yard ranges in perfect conditions. 90% of the time it’ll limit me to around 1500 yards-ish. Wish it could hit a mile consistently in clear/no precipitation conditions.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

skierhs

WKR
Thanks for the help! Now i just have to figure out what device i need to buy to replace the old phone.