Took the plunge - S&B Coming for CTR 6.5

270quest

WKR
To start, there is/was absolutely nothing wrong with the Weaver tac 3-15x thats on the rifle. I am just one of those guys who always wants the best and have been going back and forth for the last few months on upgrading to a NF/S&B. This rifle is the most accurate, easy shooting, easy operating rifle I have ever owned. I plan to use/hunt with it A LOT. That would include goat/sheep/moose, rugged Idaho back-country for deer/elk, basically everything. And with that I want this one setup to be the absolute best/bombproof combination that I am financially capable of putting together.

S&B needs no introduction or why behind a purchase. Yes, some prefer NF over them for mechanics, but for me glass is important too and nothing beats S&B imho as a total package of rugged, reliable, mechanically dependable, and top tier glass. My heart was set on a PMII 3-12X50 with Illumination, but the $24-2600 range I could get one at was not in the budget so I had put off the idea.

Then comes eurooptic with their memorial day sale. They are offering the S&B Klassik 3-12x50 30mm Illum P3 BDC scope for get this - $1129! That is nearly $1500 off of retail. This scope has the FFP Mil Dot I am use to on the weaver, illumination, 21 oz, and it comes with a Single Turn elevation turret for dialing. My understanding that this turret is 12-13 mil. For my 6.5 that gets me as far out as I plan to shoot/hunt with it. Overall I am pretty excited. It would have been even sweeter if this scope had parallax, but again, for my usage in big game hunting environments - 6 maybe 700 yard max - I don't expect any issue. Going to keep it mounted in the Warne Mnt. Tech rings on the rifle.

Pretty excited to be able to call myself a S&B owner and plan to use this rifle/scope platform for many many hunts and years to come.

Steel Rain

Lil-Rokslider
How do you like the CTR? I just bought the same rifle from Whitaker’s. I also bought a McM A5 for it. I too could not resist the sales. Congratulations on the new scope!

I have run S&B's for years. The clarity is very hard to beat. I never have issues with my zero wandering, if it is check you dials, and or you barrel as it may be going bad. I have used their support a few times to clean up clarity issues on scopes I bought used. They always took care of the issue, often for no charge.