G7 or Sig 2400??

Pwells10

WKR
Which do you prefer? Why? I have the kilo 2000 and works great, but I have to obviously input everything into my calculator on my phone. I use BallisticsARC app.

Jd259

WKR
G7 has my vote I’ve had it for 5-6 years and it has never failed me very simple to use and very accurate if you input all your information accurately, my buddy bought the Sig last year and has already returned it twice and had it replaced because it quit working on him he was having trouble with the Bluetooth aspect of it. to me there is to much going on with the sig and to many things to fail with it I think it’s a good idea they have but from what I’ve seen they haven’t perfected it yet my buddy ended up getting rid of it completely and going with the G7 after the sig failed him so many times.

weatherbow21

Lil-Rokslider
I've had great luck with my Sig 2400 so far. Its a really impressive piece of equipment. Can't compare to a G7 as I've never used one, but the Sig hasn't had an issue yet and is simple to use. The wind input is a little awkward to me, I just use a kestrel instead of the included wind meter but thats one thing I think they could improve on, although I've heard the G7 is no better

bradb

WKR
Had the last version of the G7 and now have the Sig. Can't go wrong with either, I prefer the sig for its size and a few more features.

But really flip a coin

I do use ballistic arc also, just because I have a problem with guns and toys and had to try it. Like it also :)

Last edited:

Kotaman

WKR
I "labored" over this decision and ended up with the G7. I really like the size of the Sig though. Been happy with the G7 so far.

I have no dealings with the Sig, but I have a been using a G7 2nd gen for 3 years now. I really like it, I think it functions very well for what it is intended for. Only negative is that it is a little bulky.

Broz

WKR
I have owned both. I now use the SIG and prefer it. Size, distance and I prefer the wind options of the SIG better. Not to mention the SIG offers custom drag models, Coriolis, and aerodynamic jump in the solution.

Jeff

OP
Pwells10

Pwells10

WKR
Awesome thanks guys. I think I'll have to see if anyone has one of them to get a nice feel and see which I prefer

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome thanks guys. I think I'll have to see if anyone has one of them to get a nice feel and see which I prefer

Pwells,

Perhaps you already know this, but Sig just introduced a new line of RF's....the BDX line. The top shelf in that series, the 2400BDDX, will offer a lite version of the AB ballistics suite internally, but the coolness is that the RF will also connect directly to a Kestrel with full AB to calculate a complete shooting solution, which is then displayed back into the RF. I played with a pre-pro sample and it was pretty cool.

Depending on how you operate, some folks prefer this workflow to the 2400ABS. Only downside is that it is not available until August, and it's a new product, so you know how that can go in terms of bugs etc. There will also be a bino version, the 3000BDX, offering the same capabilities plus a little more ranging horsepower.

So if you can wait, its a consideration.

Leica is coming out with something too, but that's already running late, so not sure when it will actually arrive. Hope to find out more this week.

str_8tup

Lil-Rokslider
After first hand experience with the Sig and new Leica 2700 the decision for me would be really easy! I would get ranges off steel plates with the Leica 2700 within 1 second out to 1450... have had it range 2450 on a water tower.... Sig on the other hand had a tougher time with ranges out to 1450... would not range the water tower out at 2450! Just some info that I thought I should share!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
After first hand experience with the Sig and new Leica 2700 the decision for me would be really easy! I would get ranges off steel plates with the Leica 2700 within 1 second out to 1450... have had it range 2450 on a water tower.... Sig on the other hand had a tougher time with ranges out to 1450... would not range the water tower out at 2450! Just some info that I thought I should share!

That’s the issue with the Sig, some lasers are much better than others.
My Sig 2400 will almost run right with the Leica 2700 till around 2200 on non reflective. On reflective it will hit 2400ish. The 2700 definitely has a stronger laser but the Mini SD cards are a joke compared to the Sig 2400 or G7 easy to use ballistic software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kotaman

WKR
Ballistic solution wise, the Leica stuff is a train wreck. G7 and Sig have this down. I will take not being able to range a water tower at 2400 vs. having a nice ballistic package. :) The new Sig will be NICE I'm guessing.

str_8tup

Lil-Rokslider
I'm still really dumbfounded on how these Rangefinders come out saying they'll hit "reflective" targets out to 2+ miles when in all reality there is no way in hell they will! IMO there is still a ton of improvements that can be made in the hand held rangefinder market. I keep telling Swarovski they are missing market share in this category but they don't really seem to care too much, very weird to me! I also will make a prediction and say Vortex will be the next big hitter in this class..... time will tell, hopefully they'll have something out soon for you "Long Range" killers!

DEW

Lil-Rokslider
From reading this it seems that you cant go wrong with a Sig or G7. Are there any other options worth looking at? Anyone heard of anything new coming out at SHOT?