300 win mag. ammo question/dilema

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all, so recently I purchased a custom made rifle that came with a load recipe that shoots great groups. With that being said I do not own all the equipment to reload myself to do this. I have a buddy that has basically everything I need. I would buy the powder, cases, dies, primers, bullets etc. Except, he's really swamped right now to help me out let alone teach me how to. So my question is to you all, should I buy factory ammo for the year till winter when he slows down, or is there other sources out there that would use that recipe to make ammo for me?

codym

WKR
I would say if you have the room spend a couple hundred bucks on the RCBS supreme kit and roll your own. You will never have to depend on someone else for quality ammo. It's not hard to learn and very enjoyable when you start putting them in the same hole with your own rounds. I can't imagine custom 300 win ammo would be cheap from anyone.

kbaerg

Lil-Rokslider
I would recommend the above as well, get yourself a basic reloading kit and start. Defensive Edge has a good DVD on reloading that I started with when I was getting into it. Another option you could look at would be some Applied Ballistics Ammunition, it has proven itself in a few 300's out there.

OP
R

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
True, it might just be worth spending the money for the kit right away and buy some reloading books/manuals and doing it myself. I've been watching a lot of videos on it on youtube which has made it a lot easier for me to get a grasp on the steps I need to take. As far as the the load itself it has the bullet, brass, primer, powder, and powder charge already made for me in the recipe. It seems pretty straight forward. Thanks for the replies!

huntwest

Lil-Rokslider
I'm about 2 hours east of you if you want to travel over. Just send a pm if your interested