Aftermarket stock for Tikka T3x

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
I have a new Tikka T3x Lite 300 Win Mag inbound and I'm having a very difficult time finding a high quality (B&C doesn't qualify) aftermarket lightweight hunting stock for it that doesn't require modification for the ejection port. It seems like most manufacturers are sticking to the original T3 specs. Does anyone have any recommendations? How difficult is it to modify the ejection port cutout?

I have a new Tikka T3x Lite 300 Win Mag inbound and I'm having a very difficult time finding a high quality (B&C doesn't qualify) aftermarket lightweight hunting stock for it that doesn't require modification for the ejection port. It seems like most manufacturers are sticking to the original T3 specs. Does anyone have any recommendations? How difficult is it to modify the ejection port cutout?

Mcmillan does a T3X specific inlet.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. I just called them, and the person I spoke with (Josh) said that they can cut their stocks for a T3x, but that they don't make a stock specifically for the rifle. Are you aware of any that are?

Thanks. I just called them, and the person I spoke with (Josh) said that they can cut their stocks for a T3x, but that they don't make a stock specifically for the rifle. Are you aware of any that are?

Here’s a Gamewarden cut for the T3X.
Unfortunately for both the T3 and T3x their inlet covers the serial numbers but other than that the inlet is great.

1d78180e53555859ca077ec2718dd12f.jpg

fb104e52de4a6130a40c836b28164e65.jpg

Manners makes an Elite hunter stock specifically for the tikka I believe but I’ve never ran one cause it’s more of a spotter style stock.

Mike

OP
R

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
Do you guys generally like adjustable or solid stocks for spot and stalk style hunting? I’m debating between a Manners Elite Hunter (either adjustable or not) and a Stocky’s Carbon Fiber Lay Up (made by A.G. Composites).

AG composites also has Tikka T3 stocks coming out soon. They’re a light weigh carbon fiber stock. I run one on my Custom 7LRM and it weighs 24 oz.

AG composites also has Tikka T3 stocks coming out soon. They’re a light weigh carbon fiber stock. I run one on my Custom 7LRM and it weighs 24 oz.

Dan, which stock are you using of theirs? I've seen their M50 and VG2 on Stocky's site but it required use of CDI bottom metal. If I could get an M50 to take the factory bottom components I'd be a happy camper.

Dan, which stock are you using of theirs? I've seen their M50 and VG2 on Stocky's site but it required use of CDI bottom metal. If I could get an M50 to take the factory bottom components I'd be a happy camper.

I run the Cat 700 on my Custom Build on a Remington action. The Alpine Hunter is a really nice stock that will be on my next tikka build. The Alpine Hunter will accept the factory tikka bottom metal. You can email them. Matt is a standup guy and will get you taken care of.

OP
R

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
I posted this in my other thread, but I wound up picking up one of the AG composites stocks from Stocky's during the 4th of July sale, and while the stock itself looks good, the fit and finish of the Limb Saver buttpad installation is far from ideal, with one of the screw holes drilled off-center. I spoke with someone at Stocky's, and other than to tell me that the pad is glued on and grind-to-fit (Neither is true), they offered no help, and refused to send a replacement expedited.

I guess my best option is to try to fix it myself.

D0hOrrm.jpg

Last edited:

FURMAN

WKR
The replacement would look the same. They are great stocks if you need lite but fit and finish is not great. Realistically those style of Limbsavers are not conducive to grind and fit. That is why I much prefer Pachmayr.

That stock is not made by AG Composites. I am pretty sure it is/was made by a company in NZ.

Last edited: