Longest kill.

OP
M

mtmuley

WKR
I was just curious about distances peple are taking game. Just seemed to me that for all the measures we take to be prepared for extreme distance, our shots are usually much shorter. I wasn't bragging at all. My shot was on B&C antelope. Conditions were such that I had no other option. As stated, I wish I would not have had to take the shot. But, being prepared to shoot distance paid off. No measuring contest, no bad ethics just a dead antelope. mtmuley

FURMAN

WKR
This thread has "What the Eff'" written all over it. Are you guys serious? Are you all really sitting here bragging about your longest kill when in reality you all look like a bunch of douche bags? I guess ethics went out the window and now it's a dick measuring contest.

I can consistently get head shots on a Coyote Silhouette at 650 yards with ease but I would NEVER and I mean NEVER, take a shot like that at a living animal and risk only wounding it.

Get a grip guys.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/long-range-hunting/3272-range-hunting-forum.html

amassi

WKR
Rockchuck
30-378
210 vld
Moa

Same trip tipped over a coyote at 1250, but missed the cold bore shot at 1300 because of a bad wind call those 210s really cheat the wind. Luckily, he ran towards me and stopped broadside to look back at what scared him

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

hodgeman

WKR
425 on a caribou...perfect conditions and it flopped over on impact. I have hit a different caribou at 500ish- but it was a backup shot on an animal my partner wounded and it was definitely not a "one shot" kind of deal.

I love shooting steel at long range, but I like hunting closer in. I will say that recent developments in ammunition and optics has extended what I think of as "practical range" by a considerable margin.

Willy510

FNG
This thread has "What the Eff'" written all over it. Are you guys serious? Are you all really sitting here bragging about your longest kill when in reality you all look like a bunch of douche bags? I guess ethics went out the window and now it's a dick measuring contest.

I can consistently get head shots on a Coyote Silhouette at 650 yards with ease but I would NEVER and I mean NEVER, take a shot like that at a living animal and risk only wounding it.

Get a grip guys.

Crying about D measuring and then humble bragging about your 650 yard shots...That's classy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And to be clear, I have no issue with long range hunting, just don't like to see it as any kind of contest. As this thread demonstrates. I would never brag a long range kill shot and really I was not bragging at all regarding head shots on steel Coyote Silhouettes, which really is not that difficult of a shot. The coyote is not moving and is painted all white = easy shot.

bradb

WKR
The 880 shot for me was on a deer I passed many times. He left the property that morning and I would not have shot passed 300 as the wind would have blown my fat arse over when I was prone! When I saw him that evening with no wind he had been hit and was not going to make it. He was standing straight away when I shot him. Not a shot I would normally take at that distance facing away but want to get a bullet into him quick

Fitzwho

WKR
435 doe Pronghorn in Itah
385 Javelina in TX
285 Pronghorn buck in TX

After that everything is under 200yds. 500 is absolute max for me, more so based on availability of a range any longer.

OP
M

mtmuley

WKR
And to be clear, I have no issue with long range hunting, just don't like to see it as any kind of contest. As this thread demonstrates. I would never brag a long range kill shot and really I was not bragging at all regarding head shots on steel Coyote Silhouettes, which really is not that difficult of a shot. The coyote is not moving and is painted all white = easy shot.

This thread does not demonstrate that long range hunting is any kind of contest. Wasn't, isn't and would never be my intention. I've already explained why I posed the question. Move on please. mtmuley