Longest kill.

198 on a bedded buck. I enjoy the sport of getting close(I know it's not always possible). Props to you guys who can shoot at these longer distances. I'm either spotting elk 2 miles away or taking a shot at close range as they run away; no in between.

JP100

WKR
1280 yards, Nanny Tahr
Was with a client/friends 7LRM and maybe a 168gn berger I think, he had been missing a few while I was spotting, asked me if I wanted a shot, I had the advantage of reading all his shots so knew what wind we had. She folded up and died fairly quickly I though.
1000 is a LOOOONG ways.

JimCraig

Lil-Rokslider
This thread has "What the Eff'" written all over it. Are you guys serious? Are you all really sitting here bragging about your longest kill when in reality you all look like a bunch of douche bags? I guess ethics went out the window and now it's a dick measuring contest.

I can consistently get head shots on a Coyote Silhouette at 650 yards with ease but I would NEVER and I mean NEVER, take a shot like that at a living animal and risk only wounding it.

Get a grip guys.

Wow! So glad we have the ethics police patrolling the Long Range Hunting Forum (even though he obviously has no reason to hunt long range) to put everyone in their place. I was about to post an answer to the OP's question (about 400 yards on a mulie) but luckily I was corrected and didn't make myself look like a dick measuring douche bag. Perhaps he could point out to everyone he just insulted where the "bragging and dick measuring" is? I sure don't see it.

411 yards this year on a whitetail buck- 7RUM, 145gr LRX @3400fps
Leupold TMOA Reticle- dialed the shot

Before that was 348 on a coues deer with a 6.5x284 using an FFP scope holding over as there wasn't time to dial.

Wow! So glad we have the ethics police patrolling the Long Range Hunting Forum (even though he obviously has no reason to hunt long range) to put everyone in their place. I was about to post an answer to the OP's question (about 400 yards on a mulie) but luckily I was corrected and didn't make myself look like a dick measuring douche bag. Perhaps he could point out to everyone he just insulted where the "bragging and dick measuring" is? I sure don't see it.

I agree Jim. BTW, you were fantastic in '80 at Lake Placid. You're an American hero.

Wyoming antelope at 482 yards with a 7wsm shooting straight into a 25 mph wind. The buck was bedded quartering towards me. He never made it to his feet when hit.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
M

mtmuley

WKR
Thanks. You, like most of the guys here get where I was coming from. Can I ask about Lake Placid? PM if you like. mtmuley

WRO

WKR
This thread has "What the Eff'" written all over it. Are you guys serious? Are you all really sitting here bragging about your longest kill when in reality you all look like a bunch of douche bags? I guess ethics went out the window and now it's a dick measuring contest.

I can consistently get head shots on a Coyote Silhouette at 650 yards with ease but I would NEVER and I mean NEVER, take a shot like that at a living animal and risk only wounding it.

Get a grip guys.
I shot a coyote drt at 1279.

I shot a bear at 892.

e6e842ea5441d933f461cafc3424b1f0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well, I’m embarrassed to say that my longest one shot kill was a caribou at 411 yards. I’m embarrassed because I wasn’t a good enough hunter/stalker, and I couldn’t get any closer. When it comes to hunting, nothing excites me more than getting as close to the target as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I've said this already but let me say it again. This is the long range forum. If you're not into LR thats fantastic go post in a forum you are interested in. I don’t think compound bows are really ‘archery’... but I don’t post in the archery forum because those guys do.

Last edited:

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've said this already but let me say it again. This is the long range forum. If you're not into LR thats fantastic go post in a forum you are interested in.

Yeah, what he said.^^^^^^^^

787 on a mule deer buck.
1057 on the evil rock chuck.

Randy

spaniel

FNG
713 yards on a bull elk last season. Angle and wind made it seem a lot longer. Had I not had my 338 Edge which I'd shot out to 2000 yards, I would have passed. But I really knew that load and used a spotter shot just to be sure. The herd bull had been shot by another hunter much closer, so while the herd was calm when I shot, they were NOT sticking around for the 45 minutes it would have taken me to scale the mountain and close the range.

The other elk I shot with a rifle was 618. Similar story, he came in above us, had us pinned down visually, and it was shoot him there or spook him by moving. That was with a 300WM in better conditions.

Several prairie dogs in the 600-700yd range with a 243AI, but a few more shots to walk it in.

Shot an absolute mess of deer in the 350-500 yard range. Love shooting them close and shot a mess in close too, but with limited hunting time and a need to fill the freezer I often go afield with a short range gun in hand and a long range one slung over my shoulder.

Broz

WKR
I've said this already but let me say it again. This is the long range forum. If you're not into LR thats fantastic go post in a forum you are interested in.

And just like that little Johnny Hate and Joey Betterthanyou turned the evening air into the sound of crickets as they all hopped away to hug, cuddel and spoon.

;):cool:

Group Hug....
Love Broz

Last edited: