Where are all the long range tips????????????????????????/

94a8d63b774dd2b0d9514d9b0aa51c8e.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist

Last time at the range I was in the You Suck part of the chart.
You have a tip to get me into the You Don't Suck area? lol

OP
mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
94a8d63b774dd2b0d9514d9b0aa51c8e.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist

So, Sam, I sent this chart to my long range buddies and this is how one of them replied:

This is very negative and I think we need positive affirmations. So, I believe instead of "You Suck" it should be: almost there, you tried, better luck next time, keep challenging yourself, you can do it, keep trying, you matter in life...positive Polly, not Negative Nancy...

Randy

Liv2Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Wind doping, moa discussions, may talk about how to set up your nightforce scope, zeroing just to name a few

gelton

WKR
I would recommend a complete long range shooting series starting from the beginning and going all the way through the end. Things like cartridge dynamics, bullet selection, using mil dots to range, doping wind. One things for sure is that you will have plenty of material to cover.

This guy did it and it ended up being an 81 part series but it is very informative and extremely well done, you could follow his template and add in your expertise -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwG-D0HjCBQ&list=PLJUaiRIEduNXoal2_PkBZi0vDCIcEPxUn

Not that reloading isn't important, because we can always take some tip on reloading from each other, but I think shooting form or how you set up your rifle and your body would be a good one. Setting up on flat ground, uphill, downhill, and what situations you would change up your shootig form. Plus some feed back on how rifles should react after the shoot. For example if a shot is executed properly does the scope reticle jump up, or up and to the left.

If you guys are really wanting soup to nuts you should check out http://www.scout.com/military/snipers-hide they have way more information on precision rifle shooting than you can handle. They also have some pretty decent online training which starts from the ground up. There are also mountains of info on reloading there.