Easiest way to hang elk quarters on a solo hunt?

I tie paracord around the top of the bag and throw the other end over the branch or whatever I'm hanging on. Then lift the bag onto my shoulder and pull the cord tight. Then push the bag up further and pull, then tie it off. Repeat until done.

Yea but you're like 7' tall. For us normal height people, we do it the same. lol

Just use cordage to tie to the top and get loose end flung over the limb by way of a rock or something heavy, like the new Spot GPS, , and start pulling. On 1 hunt I decided to utilize the pulley system and practiced at home a few times- way easier.
But when I got where the elk were and had one down, no trees aligned to let me do this, so I reverted back to just the simple method. If for sure in Grizz country, then yes I would bring my pulley set up.

530Chukar

WKR
One person will have a very difficult time tying anything off in a tree higher than about 7 feet. Just get it as high up as you can to keep it from the coyotes. Very very difficult to get that much weigh high enough up and far enough from the tree trunks to be ‘bear proof.’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
By the time your done quartering out solo you'll be so beat you probably won't even consider trying to hang meat high enough to keep away from predators. Id just hang off low tree branch or off side of fallen tree to drain blood. Leave a piece of clothing behind next to meat to keep predators away. You can pee around it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the truth right here. Cutting up an elk feels like you just went 9 rounds...and lost! I barely have the strength to get them off the ground, let alone 15-20 feet in the air!!!

cnelk

WKR
Im not tall by any means and after wrestling an elk around cutting it up by myself, I looking for anything to put the quarters on to get some air around them

Ive used low branches and logs. I will also leave my sweaty t shirt nearby to hopefully deter any predators

ktItFGa.jpg

B9JxCvK.jpg

cnelk

WKR
Last year opening evening cow - I just covered the quarters with the game bags and came back the next morning

einKe7q.jpg

cnelk

WKR
Back in 2011 I shot this bull calf and hung it up all by myself - THAT WAS A CHORE

Yj1mSzE.jpg