Vacmaster Question

bonehunts

FNG
I was lucky to pick up a used VP215 locally and was wanting to try and find some parts for it. Wow! Seems like everyone gets everything from Ary's factory via drop-ship and a lot of what I need is on backorder.
That said, I'm hoping to see if anyone's found a cheaper alternative to the teflon seal tape they use? It looks like it's 2.25" wide and does NOT have adhesive in the middle but I can't really tell.

Just curious if anyone's got some ideas on getting more/easier/cheaper.

Mark

WKR
The Teflon does not have adhesive in the middle. You can try Webstaurant for replacement parts. Ary sells the replacement tape for $5.00 (if it's in stock).

If it were me I would just order an entire replacement seal bar at $23.99. I have two bars so when I do marathon processing I can swap out a hot seal bar for a cooler one. When they get really hot it affects the seal and the bags will also stick to the bar and pull it off when the lid opens.

Amazon has replacement parts sometimes but the sellers are hit and miss and they generally overcharge. Webstaurant or Ary is the only place I buy from for Ary supplies/parts.

OP
bonehunts

bonehunts

FNG
That's exactly what I had done by placing an order with webstaurant but I got an email after I placed the order that said it was being drop-shipped from Art and wouldn't go out until 2/10. A month seemed crazy to me.

Mark

WKR
That's exactly what I had done by placing an order with webstaurant but I got an email after I placed the order that said it was being drop-shipped from Art and wouldn't go out until 2/10. A month seemed crazy to me.

Dang, that's a long wait. Is the tape the only thing you need to get you up and running?

Mark

WKR
I'll send you a replacement strip. I just happen to have an extra one. You got bags?

PM me your address and I'll ship it to you on Monday. You'll have it Tuesday.