Saw for butchering

I am looking to up my butchering game (<<<<<pun).

I was thinking about adding a bone saw for at home butchering. I have some for field prep and was using them at home but they aren't ideal. Mainly sawing up one or two deers worth of blade roasts an osso bucco each year as well as necks, joints. Looking for something dedicated so I am not getting my shop tools bloody and my food greasy.

Weston 22 inch is what I am focused on. Price is about right at $35.

I have seen a few pricey ones but don't want to go overboard. I guess I could also use a hack saw and get a decent blade. Might be a bit odd/fun going into Home Depot and asking for a blade that cuts meat and bone.

What say he?

adamm88

WKR
Im sure the weston will work as good as anything else, it seems to be the one i see in online butchering stores so i feel that says alot.

I use an old antique saw that was my wifes grandparets(i guess or even older) it works ok but i only break down deer. I see alot of people using a sawzaw with clean blade too, just for some ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roy68

WKR
The 22" Weston would work fine imo. I have a 12" saw that dates into the early 1900's in my family and it works fine for deer. It's purpose was for splitting halves. I can tell you that it is way too short for rib racks though. I've just been to tight to buy another and stubborn to retire it, but I will be buying a 22" or larger this year.

Again I think the 22"'will be just fine for deer