Looking to buy some powdered citric acid .

Bl704

WKR
Need to get some powdered citric acid . Where's a good spot and or brand? Thanks .
How much do you need?
9afc154bfc8a9b0248006d43f39e6371.jpg

Btw, 5# is about a gallon jug sized.

OP
Grambo

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. I kinda figured these were the most likely spots. I wish I needed the 5#er, that would be a season (or 10);)

Follow up question is who all has used it? Thoughts on when to, etc?

I have some but haven't to date used any of it.

10-4 on that. Have used it several times. Excellent at repelling flies and other insects. You CAN apply it directly to meat as well as meat bags. It's a food-grade product used in many recipes. I never go to AK without about 3-4 dry ounces and a little trigger spray bottle.

OP
Grambo

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
Same here won't leave home without it . Used it several times in BC backcountry. That's where I saw it first used . Outfitter friend gave me some and ran out and just needed more . Sure keeps bugs off . Not hard to use or take with you.

Pro953

WKR
If you have a homebrew/home winemaking shop near you. They usually offer small volumes. I guess they could ship it to you as well, but it would likely cost you more than a large order through Amazon or EBay as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Grambo

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
Never thought about WalMart. AHHHHHHHH homebrew! Great idea. Ihope I don't forget the citric acid.:)

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
Whats the water/citric acid mix ratio?

**found 1-2 tablespoons per quart

Last edited:

buttekid

Lil-Rokslider
I just had a 5 pound bag delivered to my house for under $15 on amazon. Read the reviews as some appears to be more granular than others. For our application in meat care, the easier to dissolve the better.