Need Cheddar jalpeno recipe

Clarktar

WKR
Hoping to make some jalepeno cheddar brauts this weekend. Was hoping someone could pass on a recipe and some details such as what sized casings, when and how to mix in cheese and spicrs, what plate to use etc.

Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Get the old plantation mix. I mixed 50/50 fresh pork with deer. Also done 50/50 mix with beef I added in 2# cheese per 10# meat weight. Also added in jalapeño slices. Bags I used was 25# bags of mixes.

I used 32mm casings. I made 184# last winter

Also I used think xtra sharp shredded
Cheddar cheese. Most used tempered cheese. I did not

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
Ok! Thanks.

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
Can't order it online apprently and there is not a retailer near me who sells old plantation! Bummer

Can't order it online apprently and there is not a retailer near me who sells old plantation! Bummer

How soon are you looking to make it? I can get it in the winter and can mail to you if you like. Just a thought.

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
Just found some on Amazon. Thanks for the offer. Having a "sausage" making party on Saturday

Vids

WKR
I use the mixes from Sausage Maker, a lot of different varieties on there to use. They also sell high temperature cheese (several different styles) and dried jalapeno flakes. My meat mix is 85% venison and 15% pig fat. That is on the lean side, I found it's just enough fat to keep it healthy and also moist.

I use the mixes from Sausage Maker, a lot of different varieties on there to use. They also sell high temperature cheese (several different styles) and dried jalapeno flakes. My meat mix is 85% venison and 15% pig fat. That is on the lean side, I found it's just enough fat to keep it healthy and also moist.

I'm Going to try the flakes this year the jalapeño slices was little to juicy.

OP I will say if use beer make sure u use a good flavor you like. Some say you can't taste it but if u use a beer with good flavor I personally can tell it if I know what the beer taste like. It's not overwhelming but can tell
It's there by just know a hint of the taste

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
Thanks guys . I think I will dice up some from the garden and stick them in the dehydrator. Have spices and casings showing up Friday. Appreciate the advice

Thanks guys . I think I will dice up some from the garden and stick them in the dehydrator. Have spices and casings showing up Friday. Appreciate the advice

Don't touch your wee wee after you get done dicing them up. You'll learn what fire is beyond the 1 you had down there as a young man over young girls. Don't ask me
How I know

If anyone wants to make jalapeño summer sausage the Cabelas mix is really good. I put high temp cheese in it. I always get compliments on it when people try it.

Sounds like you got some ordered but ck out Owens seasoning and Syracuse casings.
Enough choices to really confuse ya.

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
Thanks for the help fellas. Ended up with 65 total pounds. Some jalepeno cheddar, some cheddar, some plain.

I like to fill the whole casing but found it difficult to cut into 6 link groups. Seemed like the casing wanted to come undone where I spun it when I cut. So I ended up doing smaller runs then would cut the casing tie a know and continue.

Can't wait to eat some tomorrow!
104d681992e7ca246427824d40ad151a.jpg
40b471a6a6bfdd67341aef76cd44e108.jpg