Electric stuffer?

Stid2677

WKR
Could even use the oven for cooking it too?

You can,, but let me be clear I'm talking about using a junk oven and used OUTSIDE... You can use the oven after smoking to bring the sausage up to a food safe temp.

OP
B
You can,, but let me be clear I'm talking about using a junk oven and used OUTSIDE... You can use the oven after smoking to bring the sausage up to a food safe temp.

I'm Going to Half to go to Google over this. It may save me a lot of money

Bear_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Dang an old oven would be a sweet smoker. Then you could smoke big items like hams. I use the bradley puck style and it's ok, but the auto feed pusher gets sticky and doesn't always feed pucks, so I have to do that manually when one burns down.

Roy68

WKR
I use the A-MAZ-N Smoke tube as well. I have the 6" and it will smoke for a couple of hours. One caution if using in an OLD oven, grill or smoker with multiple racks. That tube will put off enough heat to dry out and split your sausage casing if you have product directly above it. You can be fairly close to it horizontally with out issue. My pellet smoker (Yoder YS640) has an upper shelf that is approx 10" above the lower shelf and I cannot place cased product directly above the tube. I also have an Pitbarrel smoker (drum smoker) and I can hang my snack stick coils in it with the smoke tube in the bottom, and Old Oven as Stid suggested would work the same. From there I can move the sticks to the pellet smoker or to oven in the house to slowly bring up to temp (160F).

Roy68

WKR
Can U buy a element with a thermostat on it to put in the stove?

You could buy a PID controller and wire it to an element. However if the element is a 240v type the PID's get expensive quick.
For Electric Smokers : auberins.com, Temperature control solutions for home and industry

I think there are cheaper ways to skin the cat similar to what Stid suggested. Source an old oven and put a vent in it. Likely you can get one for free from the local appliance repair place or craigslist. Buy the A-MAZ-N tube. Use Curing salt to aid in food safety (1oz per 25# of meat) while you smoke the snack sticks. Then pasteurize the meat by bringing it up to 160F slowly so as not to cook the meat. With something like that you would be out less than $100 I would bet.

Now if you need a reason to buy a smoker for x-mas then ignore the above, but still get the A-MAZ-N Smoke Tube its useful even on the propane grill.

OP
B
I have a old stove at home in my basement. I didn't realize the a-mazn smoker put off actual heat.

Roy68

WKR
You definitely do not want to grab a hold of one that has had pellets smoldering in it for a couple hours or more. You can't grill a steak with it either. If the old oven works I would be tempted to vent it on the side with a cover that can be closed when not in use, and still be able to power it some how. That way you could smoke with the tube and still have a source of heat for curing. Bradley & Masterbuilt Smokers are just miniature versions of this. Maybe build a stand with rollers so you can store it in a garage and roll it outside when using?

OP
B
You definitely do not want to grab a hold of one that has had pellets smoldering in it for a couple hours or more. You can't grill a steak with it either. If the old oven works I would be tempted to vent it on the side with a cover that can be closed when not in use, and still be able to power it some how. That way you could smoke with the tube and still have a source of heat for curing. Bradley & Masterbuilt Smokers are just miniature versions of this. Maybe build a stand with rollers so you can store it in a garage and roll it outside when using?

That's what I was trying to figure out how I could smoke with it and still use the element in the oven itself and just stop the smoke and turn on the heat and just be a double whammy and never Half to move anything except the stove itself. Sound like the tube and a side vent is all I need

The sticks sound like a lot of work for sure. After I get stuffer a smoker will be next but that's a whole different deal cause I want the cold smoke option and reviews are skewed. The modifying method on the MES seems to be the best route for cold smoke but I'm not much on modifying stuff when comes to buying something like that.

Yes sir on the cheese and the flakes. I made 185# bratwurst last year. I used just shredded cheddar on all of that and it turned out great but if casing busted while cooking you lost all the cheese. So this time I know haha

MES 40 with the mailbox mod is a great smoker for the money. Mines been going strong for longer than I can remember.
I'll admit I wish it were bigger.