Dehydrator.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I have some birthday cash I'm going to put into a dehydrator pretty quick. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'll dehydrate fruit and also try my run at a couple dinners. Is doing both of those in the same dehydrator a good idea? Or will my bananas taste like spaghetti sauce?

Thanks gang!
Jordan

nrh6.7

WKR
This is a post I put a couple weeks ago. Looks like the price has gone back up, but might keep an eye on it. Arguably the best dehydrator on the market.

_______

FYI, anyone interested in buying a dehydrator might be interested to know that the 9-tray Excalibur w/timer is on sale at Amazon for $175 right now. They usually run $50-75 higher. Just bought one with my Santa money and will be drying things out shortly.

Amazon.com: Excalibur 3926TB Food Dehydrator with 26hr Timer, Solid Door, Black: Kitchen & Dining

Jmock97

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Excalibur it’s been great. Whichever one you get make sure it has adjustable temperature settings.

I have a Nesco Snackmaster Pro, which is a great budget option that works fine but has 2 drawbacks: no timer and max temp is relatively low.

UtahJimmy

WKR
This is a post I put a couple weeks ago. Looks like the price has gone back up, but might keep an eye on it. Arguably the best dehydrator on the market.

_______

FYI, anyone interested in buying a dehydrator might be interested to know that the 9-tray Excalibur w/timer is on sale at Amazon for $175 right now. They usually run $50-75 higher. Just bought one with my Santa money and will be drying things out shortly.

Amazon.com: Excalibur 3926TB Food Dehydrator with 26hr Timer, Solid Door, Black: Kitchen & Dining
This is the one I got last year. Absolutely recommend it.

In addition to eliminating MH purchases, I've also greatly reduced the amount of dog treats I buy. I take the liver, esophagus, and tendons from kills and make treats!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mrgreen

WKR
So I have some birthday cash I'm going to put into a dehydrator pretty quick. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'll dehydrate fruit and also try my run at a couple dinners. Is doing both of those in the same dehydrator a good idea? Or will my bananas taste like spaghetti sauce?

Thanks gang!
Jordan

Hey! Happy Birthday!

I agree with the Excaliber, I've done strawberries and Venison Chili at the same time-on separate trays, of course. No problems or weird taste. Just like any other cooking, different items will finish at different times.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Awesome team, thanks a bunch! Pretty pumped to mess around with one... especially on the fruit side!

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
Our Excaliber 9 tray is one of the best backpacking investments we made . You can make damn near anything . Its so simple.

Question for those that have the Excalibur. Ont my round one the fruit sheets have a bit of a lip so you can put something a little runny on them like soup. Are there similar rectangular trays that I'm not seeing? The only ones that I can find are perfectly flat.

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
I think ours has a edge/lip . I'll check . We have'nt done anything liquid like yet but did order the sheets to go with it and if memory (sorry gettin kinda old ) serves me its edged.

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
Called home , it does have a small edge . It's the one posted above on amazon . Not a big edge but it does have one .

Bmcox86

WKR
I have a cabelas commercial grade 10 tray that I got on clearance this time last year. Its one with a fan in the back that heats evenly instead of the stackable ones that heat from that bottom. It has performed way better than my old stackable one and I can do 5lbs of jerky at a time with this one. I use wax paper when I do fruit. Shouldn't have a problem with your fruit smelling like sauce as long as your air it out after wards. Heather Kelly has a great ecook book with a lot of good dehydrator recipes.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord