White contractor bag source….

Tod osier

WKR
So..... I’ve spent way more time than I should have looking for something I thought would be easy to find. I’m looking for white contractor bags – white, thick (3 mil),opaque, and very large trash bag (2.5’ x 3.5-4’ or about 40 gallons) for meat care. I've always carried black contractor bags, but white would be better.

Meat doesn’t spend a whole lot of time in plastic, but they are nice to have as pack liners or to hydro-chill fresh meat in a stream. There is just no case where a white bag wouldn’t be equivalent or better than a black one. Especially for solar gain when hydro-chilling (the black bags get warm to the touch if it is sunny). I have found white trash compactor bags that are about the right thickness (but they are smaller) and I’ve found trash bags that are the right size (but thinner: 1.5 mil vs 3) and they seem more translucent than white (milky like visqueen).

This is not a big deal and black bags are fine, but it seems like white should be out there. If anyone knows a source, I'd like to buy a box. I searched online - trust me, but have not found them.

EsteemGrinders

Lil-Rokslider
Great! Do they come in a size large enough to fit a bone in elk quarter (with lower leg removed)? I just don't know anything about trash compactors.

Yes and it would fiit better then a Contracter bag. I have the HomeDepot house brand. There a very heavy mill bag.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Great! Do they come in a size large enough to fit a bone in elk quarter (with lower leg removed)? I just don't know anything about trash compactors.

I normally debone everything, but this large rear ham from my daughter's bull fit in one this last season.

Attachments

• 100_3610.jpg
    100_3610.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 55
Do a Google search for trash compactor bags large white and you will get several hits for 18 gallon bags. that should be large enough for anything you want to do.