anyone utilize big ziploc bags? 2gallon and up?

boom

WKR
there are some giant ziploc bags out there.

i use the 2gallon bags when i am breaking down an animal at the car camp. i just googled it. there are 20 gallon bags!! i like to keep meat chilled on the long drive home, and stay vigilant that the meat doesnt just soak in the ice water.

i know people have used big garbage bags, but those are not food safe. probably not a huge deal, but since ziplocs come in 20 gallons, it got me thinking.

muddydogs

WKR
I use the smaller clear trash bags Costco sell. Its been so long since I purchased them I don't remember the spec except for they come in a box of 4 or 6 rolls and each roll has to have a 100 plus bags. Keep a roll in the trailer for boning at the camp site. They work great for boned meat, just push the air out, spin the bag up tight and throw a knot in the top. The bags are then placed in my traveling chest freezer where there kept cold until I get home.

Mattt

Lil-Rokslider
The bags I use a lot for whole quarters come from hardware stores and I think they are for leaves, kinda clear not very heavy. I use them after the meat is cooled

wytx

WKR
We use the great big ones all the time, no issues. XXL and XL for meat and also for keeping clean hunting clothes scent free.
Put your meat in them then ice around, they work well. I believe they are made from food grade plastic.