Butcher Council, Idaho

colersu22

WKR
I am heading to Idaho near Council, Idaho with a Weiser river A tag and was wondering if anyone has experience with butchers in that area or a place I can hang the meat so I can butcher it at home.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

E Butler

Lil-Rokslider
It has been about ten years since I have hunted that area but the grocery store in town had a butcher shop in the back of the store for game processing. I am sure it is still there. There was also one south of town next to the main road.What unit are you hunting PM if you are hunting unit 22.Eric 904-449-3066

OP
colersu22

colersu22

WKR
J and K Wild Game Processing
2494 Orchard Rd, Council Idaho 83612
Couldn’t find the number but they’ve been there for a while

I have been trying to get ahold of them on and off for awhile now but the phone never gets answered so I wasn’t sure if they are open or not.

smitty661

FNG
I was looking for this same info. I will be there the 14-22 for the first time. The plan for us is to stay in 32A but will move if we dont see any elk after a couple days. good luck to you.

GregB

WKR
Custom Meats in Garden City does good work and I'm pretty sure they will hang game for a decent price. It's a 2 hour drive so if you're still hunting you lose half a day but it's hard to find a butcher in small towns anymore.