Bow hunting with chest wader's.

In two month's we are heading up to Alaska with Papabear Adventures. Everything I've read or watched about the area says that it's extremely wet and Simm's chestwader's have been highly recommended. Mine were just delivered last week and they are not very quiet when your moving in them. For those of you that have bow hunted in that area or in chest wader's for moose in Alaska. Did you have issue's getting in bow range in chest waders or heavier raingear. I would love to hear any pointer's from those that have hunted in these conditions with a bow.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
dont worry about it. moose aren't typically jumpy like other deer or elk. Go with SIMMS and worry not about bow range due to audible friction. rake brush on the move to mask it if worried at close range, just stay concealed and down wind you should be good.

Maverick940

Banned
I wear hip waders all the time and I don't seem to have too much problem getting close to big game animals. So like Larry says, don't worry about it. They're all noisy (lol).

mikkel318

Lil-Rokslider
I'm heading with Renfro's in September. I just bought a Sitka rain jacket with a brushed fleece exterior and told my wife that I NEEDED it to sneak in close to a moose. She asked "Aren't you hunting with a gun and wearing those loud waders?"

I won't show her this thread, but I think the expectations of her anniversary present just increased.

OP
R
Thanks guys for sharing your experience's . Larry I know your a big fan of Simm's after reading your books and watching your videos. I've got a few question's about them that I'd like your opinion on. I wear a size 10 boot and the stocking foot fits 9 thru 11 so there's a little extra stocking. Do you wear a thicker sock in them to try and take up the extra room? With the boot they recommend a size up so I bought elevens. I bought the Boa boots and you can cinch them down pretty tight. There was no foot slippage walking around the house but my question is once you throw a heavy load on your back in an uneven surface do they start to move around a little or are they good to go?

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
should be good to go, randall. You'll appreciate having a little extra room inside your stocking foot to prevent distal constriction in your feet. Wear snug fitting wool sock so you don't get slippage under load carriage...the stocking foot will snug up to your feet inside good fitting boots.

Hope this helps.

lb