Going to British Columbia to chase moose 2017

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
Made a few tweaks to the list, obviously it will change again some more I am sure...Here is my updated list with changes in yellow....Also, down to 218 pounds - only 28 more to go...lol

Rifle - Custom Winchester 70 Classic 338 win mag, Zeiss HD5 2-10X42
Ammo - Handloads - 250gr. Nosler Partitions, 40 rounds
Binoculars - 10x42 Leica Geovid HD
Knife - Cabelas Fixed Blade Alaskan Guide, and Havalon for caping
GPS - Garmin 650, not required but I always take into the woods
Camera - Will be buying a small digital - probably a nikon or cannon
Day Pack - Stone Glacier Avail.
Secondary Pack - Kuiu 3200

Water Bottle (Purified) - NOT SURE???
Head Lamps - Cabelas
10 degree sleeping bag - Still shopping and Still Not Sure - But I will be going for a zero degree bag
Sleeping Pad - klymit static v - insulated
Rain Gear - KUIU Yukon, Pants/Jacket
Boots - Meindel Denali
Camp Shoes - Crocs
Socks - Merino Wool
Clothes - KUIU Teton Full Layering System, merino wool underwear
Gloves - kuiu merino 210
Game Bags - Caribou Magnum pack

Mosquito Repellent, personal care items, probably going to purchase a Rokslide Kill Kit just in case. Satellite Phone (rental), and a good book to read when weather is bad.

Tyewire3

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome! It will be an adventure for sure, only thing I am not looking forward to is the drive...

Ha Ha, yes it is. At least I have a driving buddy. Looks like you have a pretty good grasp on your gear. I am not quite there yet.

tuffcity

WKR
I'd suggest that you add a pair of the Kuiu guide gloves to your list. Scrambling up a hillside and through the willows will make you glad you have them. Take some Canadian dollars as some places once you get up a ways will only give you at par value for US cash.

As mentioned, plan on 3 days of driving (at least) google maps might say 30 hours but that is without construction, accident or lunch delays. Pick a spot half way between Boise and Ft Nelson for your first stop and then Ft Nelson for your second night. Last thing you want is to be pushing through at dark and suddenly there is a herd of bison chillin' on the highway in front of you! It's a long but interesting drive.

RC

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
Getting closer and I have been working by butt off to loose weight and be in the best shape possible. Also have made a few tweaks to the gear list as shown below....

Rifle - Weatherby Vangaurd DGR - 375 H&H, Leupold VXR - 2-7X33, 260 Nosler Partitions.
Camp Shoes - Ordered some Hounds
Water Bottle - Purified Nalgene and a Life Straw
Sleeping Bag - Outdoor Vitals zero degree Bag
Pad - Big Agnes

GotDraw?

WKR
$15= MASSIVE COMFORT FOR HORSE RIDING.

Get a pair or a couple pairs of gel padded bicycling shorts or gel padded cycling liners, the black tight fitting ones. Here's a set at Bike Nashbar (for some reason the link says ACCESS DENIED, but it works): Access Denied

Wear them as your bottom underwear/base layer, then pull your other gear over them. The tight/slick material will provide a "slip" surface so your pants don't grab or chafe your inner thigh and the fabric-covered gel pad will keep your "sit bones" happy. I rode horses for years and can tell you they make a massive difference, especially for the guys that are noobies when they tend to squeeze/grip the horse with their thighs or when you haven't ridden in a while and the backside gets tender.

You will thank me on this one. Pm me with questions

JL