New foundland moose

Looking at Ironbound Outfitters out of new foundland for a moose hunt. Has anyone have any experience with them? Or other outfitters in the area? Any information would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

awaldro7

Lil-Rokslider
I'm going with effords hunting adventures late September. It will be my first trip to the rock. Everything I read about ironbound sounded good but I read a few stories and watched some videos of effords that sold me on that outfitter. Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rs3003

WKR
Hide Away lodge out of Grand Falls Windsor. Great hunting and people. Owners name is Rob and Sue. Family run guide service. When we went we were successful 4 out of 6 guys. 1 of the guys missed one so that could of been 5 for 6. A guy that went with us has gone 17 years in a row and still counting. Probably shot 14-15 moose. The Hideaway Lodge

Dries

WKR
I will be heading to New Foundland in a few days for Moose. It's a bucket list trip for my dad who is over 62 and everyone I talked to about going over there said if you want something with size and a good opportunity rate make sure they use either float Planes or Helicopters to get you out of the Locals hunting pressure.
Some of the Names that kept coming up were Effords, Next Ridge outfitting, Ironbound and Arluk.

Last edited:
Please report back. I'm looking for a gentlemen's moose hunt. Some members of our group are getting old. Bad back & knees.... Days of hiking 3 miles in the rough are over.

Dries

WKR
I went with my dad and a friend of ours to Next Ridge Outfitting Company. We had a great time! They helicopter you in and the scenery on the ride in is fantastic! They have a lot of moose in their area but like a lot of Newfoundland it is a wet boggy walk and you may have to walk a lot. Me and my Dad ended up walking around 10-11 miles each day. Granted we only hunted the first two days as we all tagged out on the first two days! Matt our friend that accompanied us got his within 3 hours on the first day! I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a hunt in Neefoundland!
48a2df915038f220a4bb0eb8bd401ea1.jpg
a408d7e5857c144f1b5a354a1c842db3.jpg
14d3f38e19ad44be3f7b8769c8dba5be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk