Transporter vs outfitted hunt?

Cdpp880

WKR
I am trying to plain a moose hunt and have a few questions about transporters or outfitters. I have done quite a bit of research on outfitters and transporters and feel I have a good grasp of some of the ones with good reputations and some of both with not so good reputations. My understanding is an outfitter can tell you whatever they want to about the hunting, and a transporter can only take you to and from your location. My question is on the transporters side of it is can they pick or recommend a spot for you to conduct the hunt you want or do you have to tell them where to take you to hunt? Also would you trust these transporters (obviously the ones with a good reputation) to pick a spot for you? I Know some of this info is not easily shared and if you would like to shair some of it but not on an open forum I understand but any info through PM or otherwise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Daniel

Generally speaking, as I am not perfectly versed on the actual limits and regulations regarding various service definitions...

Think of an air taxi as a cab driver. You tell him where to take you. He takes you to your destination and he charges according to defined rate schedule for the actual time/miles involved. He can't legally decide where you're going, but he has the right to suggest it or to say "I don't go there". He is mainly a ride...a vehicle...and if he begins to go beyond that he's offering different, additional services which likely mean he needs a different legal certificate.

Transporters or Big Game Transporters are pilots who can establish known destinations (theirs) and take people to these. They can make recommendations and assist the hunter in additional ways a simple air taxi cannot legally do. Their rates aren't defined by miles or air time necessarily. He can say X-thousand dollars to do this trip and that's his fee. He can pick your hunting location and make definite recommendations on where you should be hunting.

There are many things not covered here and I've probably overlooked a few items but that's the essential stuff I believe. All things considered, a big game transporter is usually a much easier and better bet for the first time diy hunter who likely has no good clue where to go exactly and wants to be hunting productively as quickly as possible.