Father/Son Newfoundland Moose Hunt

My father and I just got back from Newfoundland. We both killed pretty good moose and had a great time. We went with Ray’s Hunting and Fishing. The operation was well run. They said the rut runs from about Oct. 1-10.
4098a73dfc9401c82df484d80ec163ce.heic
d579fd9ede6ffdd7738b5090b5fba1ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dries

WKR
How much gear can you take on a helicopter?? and do you sleep on the rock, or wall tent ?

With Next Ridge we were allowed to take between 50-60 lbs of gear not including or Rifles. We slept in wall tents with bunks on our hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sako76

WKR
I hunted with Bob Effords in 2015 and never saw a moose! He sold his West Gander camp and never told us, stuck us in his seaplane camp, 2 1/2-3 hour drive to "hunting area" with a ton of competition from local hunters. Guides wouldn't get out of the truck and hunt (guides were in their late 60's and 70's), they road hunted. As we were going down some roads three trucks came out (just "hunted") and we would have two trucks behind us. Worst hunt I've ever been on. He flew in on Saturday but wouldn't meet with us because he knew he would get his a$$ kicked! A liar and a thief plain and simple. Nice cabin, food sucked!

Last edited:

INgunner54

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted with Bob Effords in 2015 and never saw a moose! He sold his West Gander camp and never told us, stuck us in his seaplane camp, 2 1/2-3 hour drive to "hunting area" with a ton of competition from local hunters. Guides wouldn't get out of the truck and hunt (guides were in their late 60's and 70's), they road hunted. As we were going down some roads three trucks came out (just "hunted") and we would have two trucks behind us. Worst hunt I've ever been on. He flew in on Saturday but wouldn't meet with us because he knew he would get his a$$ kicked! A liar and a thief plain and simple. Nice cabin, food sucked!

Damn. Hate to see this, just booked a hunt with him for 2020, and had heard good things. Anyone else hunt with Effords recently? Sucks about your hunt man.

Mlax

FNG
I leave to hunt with him in a few weeks. Should have some stories when we get back in late September