42 days and heading to AK

You know the sound I love hearing? It's that sound when the Cub is fading out of sight and what's left is the sound of wind and water....nothing more. 5 weeks to the day and I'll be dropped off in my lonesome valley for only the second time it's ever been hunted. Last year was the first and I was blessed to be the guy who got to go in there. Somewhere there's a big bull munching willows and l flicking his ears....he may be headed for a rendezvous with a wood arrow.

You know the sound I love hearing? It's that sound when the Cub is fading out of sight and what's left is the sound of wind and water....nothing more.

I have not personally heard this sound but I love it when I heard it during the movie "Never Cry Wolf". Do you remember that scene?

Good luck on your hunt and bring us back lots of pictures, okay?

Droptine

FNG
I been telling people I work with that the best part of the trip is when the plane takes off. They look at me like I'm crazy....😂

VernAK

WKR
It kinda irks me to even hear another plane go by!

I've always thought that I'm not properly appreciating Alaska if I'm not spending 10% of my annual nights in a sleeping bag out there.
It looks favorable for this year with a 500 mile canoe trip behind me and leaving for a 10 days of lake trout only to get back in time for 10-12 days in moose camp. I guess If I'm short a day or two, I could camp in a SD cornfield when pheasant hunting.......would that count?

wooduckman

Lil-Rokslider
I'm flying out on September 10th for mine and my father's first ever moose hunts! Currently am watching Guthro's Moose Madness. Cannot wait to spend two weeks in the wild of Alaska with my dad.

OP
G

geriggs

WKR
Lucky man

cherish every moment, don't ever take it for granted. I would give anything to do this hunt with my father. Unfortunately he will have to watch me from up above. Good luck to you and your dad.

29 days .....and counting

I'm flying out on September 10th for mine and my father's first ever moose hunts! Currently am watching Guthro's Moose Madness. Cannot wait to spend two weeks in the wild of Alaska with my dad.

OP
G

geriggs

WKR
Im looking forward to that feeling.

You know the sound I love hearing? It's that sound when the Cub is fading out of sight and what's left is the sound of wind and water....nothing more. 5 weeks to the day and I'll be dropped off in my lonesome valley for only the second time it's ever been hunted. Last year was the first and I was blessed to be the guy who got to go in there. Somewhere there's a big bull munching willows and l flicking his ears....he may be headed for a rendezvous with a wood arrow.

HW7JGCO.jpg

brown4christ

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck to all of you hunting up north this year!! It's my first trip to Alaska. Doing a DIY for Moose. We have tags for Caribou and bear as well. We leave for Alaska on the 31st of August. Start hunting on the 2nd of September for 17days!! Can't wait(or sleep much at night)!!

brown4christ

Lil-Rokslider
I hope you have an amazing trip with your dad!! I wish I could take my son this year but his work schedule didn't permit it. I second what geriggs said!! I will always cherish the hunts I have with my son more than any others! Enjoy every minute and good luck!!

Droptine

FNG
26 days....... I leave for Alaskan cruise in 4 days though! Been wanting to go to Alaska for 20 years now in going twice in 2 weeks.

Droptine

FNG
I lost my dad last week and although he didn't hunt I have thought this week about more things we could have done together.

Finch

WKR
I lost my dad last week and although he didn't hunt I have thought this week about more things we could have done together.
Sorry for your loss. Could not imagine!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Droptine

FNG
You guys do much fishing while your there? I'm taking a collapsible pole with me.

Nothing but grayling where I hunt and they tend to run small. I opted away from the space and weight requirements of any tackle.