Verifying rifles are still on...in camp?

geriggs

WKR
I'm going with papa bear in a month. Those who have gone with Steve.....can u verify your scopes weren't bump by shooting somewhere in bethel? I'm guessing no one wants to shoot in camp unless it's at a critter. Thanks

wytx

WKR
If you find the right spot and terrain the animals will not know where the shot came from. Find a spot and take a 25 yd shot, no need for 100 yds. At 25 yds your scope will be on at 100 yds.

Tsnider

WKR
i dont rifle hunt much these days, but i immediately thought if i were in that situation id sight the rifle in, and use a bore sight afterwards to check where you laser is. they're never dead accurate so you may even have to mark which way is up on the boresight so you can be sure its relatively close. also for bore sights i highly recommend you go to a truck stop and get a small piece of reflective tape, or "conspicuity tape" and carry a few inches with you. this makes the laser really bright so you can actually see it in the daylight. just a suggestion, might be better than shooting off a rifle near where you target might be.

KJH

WKR
If you must, shoot a couple of rounds while your plane is taking off and revving the engine. Then you make noise once and the noise flies away.