Alberta Moose hunt coming up Oct 1-6 Getting Psyched!!!

Well, after booking more than a year ago, my buddy and I are getting psyched as the date draws near! Two years ago we hunted NF and that was a bust. The Alberta hunt through Bowhunters Safari Consultants should be a different story! Will keep y'all posted!

awaldro7

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck on your hunt! I assume by NF you mean Newfoundland? Who did you go with and did you see any moose? I am going up there this fall.

OP
M
Went with Conne River Outfitters, NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE! Guides didn't have a clue regarding bow hunters,much less traditional archery hunters. Our group of 6 hunters took turns chasing the same 3-4 bulls in the area. Found my guide sleeping as we separate to glass a hilltop we all took turns hunting. A total waste of $,9000. Hope you have a better experience!

Hunt hard, hunt smart, hunt early. Shot mine 8 minutes into legal shooting hours. I got back from Alberta on Labor Day with a big fat smile on my puss.

View attachment 57325 View attachment 57326 MOOSE2.jpg

Get a Sitka Core Hoody w/ built-in facemask and always wear gloves. Swamps are buggy places.

Last edited:

Manosteel

WKR
Good luck! you sure did pick the right dates. Best chance to call one in real close is the first week in October. I always end up calling one into gimme bow range during that period.

awaldro7

Lil-Rokslider
Went with Conne River Outfitters, NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE! Guides didn't have a clue regarding bow hunters,much less traditional archery hunters. Our group of 6 hunters took turns chasing the same 3-4 bulls in the area. Found my guide sleeping as we separate to glass a hilltop we all took turns hunting. A total waste of $,9000. Hope you have a better experience!

Sorry for the delay I just now seen this. While I am sorry your hunt did not go well it actually gives me some comfort. I was almost regretting my outfitter decision because the Conne River web page looked so convincing. I suppose the grass is not always greener on the other side.