338 06

Efw

FNG
Can’t imagine that not working beautifully; I’ve had excellent experience w/ the TTSX. Sounds like a great hunt enjoy it!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Well Stid2677 I have lots of doubts with the Barnes TTSX line of bullets and have not been impressed with the holes they punch but I wasn't going to start a debate about the TTSX. So yes you are probably right in the need to carry a better bullet when in bear country then the TTSX. My buddy shoots the Barnes bullets and after what I have seen in his hits and kills I wouldn't shoot them.

I guess I should have said a good 185 grain bullet shouldn't have an issue at bear encounter distances.
We're still waiting on you to tell us why you don't like the Barnes bullets. From my experience, and most others, they are lethal. Sounds as if A) your buddy needs to practice more B) check his handloads. I trust those bullets as much as any bullet in the same weight ranges, but we all know that different rifles will prefer certain loads. An accurate Barnes out of an appropriate caliber rifle will perform its job.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CTobias

Lil-Rokslider
Well Stid2677 I have lots of doubts with the Barnes TTSX line of bullets and have not been impressed with the holes they punch but I wasn't going to start a debate about the TTSX. So yes you are probably right in the need to carry a better bullet when in bear country then the TTSX. My buddy shoots the Barnes bullets and after what I have seen in his hits and kills I wouldn't shoot them.

I guess I should have said a good 185 grain bullet shouldn't have an issue at bear encounter distances.

I love the TTSX. One of the best bullets out there. I load all my own rounds, and would not hesitate to shoot a bear with my TTSX loads. Then again, they are the 300 grain TTSX's for my 458 SOCOM, so it's punching a nice hole through anything it hits.

I recovered the bullet from my moose hunt this past fall and the bullet did exacly what it was supposed to do. Opened up nicely and did what it does upon impact. Unfortunately, the bullet never made it into the boat, as it was getting dark and I put it someplace it clearly fell out of. I wish I put it some place secure so I could have shown what it looked like after impact.