Need outfitter recommendations (fullyoutfitted/guided) in Alaska

Huntr

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have recommendations for guided Alaskan moose hunts? That us in advance.

I cannot vouch for any of these as I am in your same boat right now doing research on a grizzly bear hunt. These names were provided to me by folks on a forum that I do trust though.

Joey Klutsch Aniakchak Guide Service
Joey Klutsch's Aniakchak Guide Service – Wilderness Fair Chase Hunts

Phil Byrde Arctic North Guides
Arctic North Guides ● Alaska Hunting & Fishing Guides ● Brown Bear Hunts, Moose Hunts, Black Bear, Dall Sheep, Peninsula Grizzly ● Alaskan Hunting Guide Service

Jeff Pralle Extreme Expeditions
Xtreme Xpeditions offers guided and do it yourself Alaska trophy hunts for moose, grizzly, Dall sheep, caribou, black bear single animal or combo hunts.

Last edited:

nrh6.7

WKR
I cannot vouch for any of these as I am in your same boat right now doing research on a grizzly bear hunt. These names were provided to me by folks on a forum that I do trust though.

Joey Klutsch Aniakchak Guide Service
Joey Klutsch's Aniakchak Guide Service – Wilderness Fair Chase Hunts

Phil Byrde Arctic North Guides
Arctic North Guides ● Alaska Hunting & Fishing Guides ● Brown Bear Hunts, Moose Hunts, Black Bear, Dall Sheep, Peninsula Grizzly ● Alaskan Hunting Guide Service

Jeff Pralle Extreme Expeditions
Xtreme Xpeditions offers guided and do it yourself Alaska trophy hunts for moose, grizzly, Dall sheep, caribou, black bear single animal or combo hunts.

6mm, have you talked to any of these folks yet?

BRWNBR

WKR
Tony lee of westwind guide service is in one of the best moose areas I know of. Sam fejes has unreal moose down on the tsiu river country. Alaska Peninsula Wildman lake lodge has some great moose as well. These are all areas I’ve been. I know tony well, met Sam a few times and have guided out of Wildman lake lodge several times. Tony lee would be my first phone call.
Wade renfro has a history of great moose in western alaska as well. He west of tony a little ways.

VernAK

WKR
Huntr,

Not much info........please give us an idea of how you wish to hunt or what your capabilities are. What year are you looking to hunt?
How many in your party?

OP
Huntr

Huntr

Lil-Rokslider
Huntr,

Not much info........please give us an idea of how you wish to hunt or what your capabilities are. What year are you looking to hunt?
How many in your party?
Open as far as type of hunt, I have successfully hunted Dall sheep, so I am not afraid to bunt hard and live out of a pack. I will be hunting alone, which is why I am seeking to go fully outfitted.

Thanks again.

JohnRP

FNG
Try Hidden Alaska Guides and outfiffters with Mike Bolden. He kills some monsters. My buddy’s and have hunted with mike from moose to sheep and had great times. He does float hunts and lodge hunts. If you have any questions just ask

I've heard good things about Renfro's and their moose. Joe Shuster also takes some big moose.

I've worked for Stoney River Lodge, and they take monster moose every year as well and I'd highly recommend them.

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
Another recommendation for Wade Renfro. I know Wade and his family well...he's a really good man, and I'm friends with a couple of his guides that I know through work. His clients bring in huge moose year after year. He is usually super booked-up well in advance...you might be booked out a year or two. His hunting areas hold some absolutely giant moose.

VernAK

WKR
Whomever you hunt with, try to book for last half of September to take advantage of cooler weather and the rut.

Warm weather can really slow down the moose movement.

OXN939

WKR
Try Hidden Alaska Guides and outfiffters with Mike Bolden. He kills some monsters. My buddy’s and have hunted with mike from moose to sheep and had great times. He does float hunts and lodge hunts. If you have any questions just ask

I hunted with Hidden Alaska Outfitters last year. Long story short, worst outfitter I've ever used... we paid the exorbitant price of a fully-guided moose hunt to sleep in leaky backpacking tents, eat (and run out of) poor quality food and have 2/3 of the hunters in our area skunked. In my opinion, the outfitter seemed not to have cared much about preparing for our hunt. Outfitters we talked to on the way out had at or near 100% success rates and much better conditions for their clients. Feel free to PM me if you'd like pictures of our experience or more details.