Vermont

jm1607

WKR
Just saw that they are temporarily suspending the moose lottery and freezing everyone's points this year due to the population drop off. They're only giving out 13 tags (5 to disabled military, 3 to people with terminal illness, and 5 to auction).

Sorry to see these guys doing so bad, the warm winters have made the ticks flourish (among other things)..

I do think it's a mistake not to give out a few tags in the lottery. Giving out just a couple (or even as few as 1 NR and 1 R tag in each draw) would ensure everyone puts in to keep their points moving upward. Would probably result in $100k+ or so in conservation money from point fees? I doubt they get that much in their auctions.. I was going to give them my $50 like always but now they won't get it, which sucks for the moose. They obviously have (or think they have) a high enough population for 13 tags. Why not give out 3 in each draw (1NR & 2R), 3 to military, 2 to illness, and 2 to auction? I'm not saying this for selfish reasons either, I just think it's always a good idea to give out a tag if possible to keep the application money coming in.. Mini-rant over ;)

Just saw that they are temporarily suspending the moose lottery and freezing everyone's points this year due to the population drop off. They're only giving out 13 tags (5 to disabled military, 3 to people with terminal illness, and 5 to auction).

Sorry to see these guys doing so bad, the warm winters have made the ticks flourish (among other things)..

I do think it's a mistake not to give out a few tags in the lottery. Giving out just a couple (or even as few as 1 NR and 1 R tag in each draw) would ensure everyone puts in to keep their points moving upward. Would probably result in $100k+ or so in conservation money from point fees? I doubt they get that much in their auctions.. I was going to give them my $50 like always but now they won't get it, which sucks for the moose. They obviously have (or think they have) a high enough population for 13 tags. Why not give out 3 in each draw (1NR & 2R), 3 to military, 2 to illness, and 2 to auction? I'm not saying this for selfish reasons either, I just think it's always a good idea to give out a tag if possible to keep the application money coming in.. Mini-rant over ;)

I apply in New Hampshire for their moose lottery and in many of the units there they dropped the number of Available permits. What’s the deal with moose population up there? What’s happening to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmac603

Lil-Rokslider
I apply in New Hampshire for their moose lottery and in many of the units there they dropped the number of Available permits. What’s the deal with moose population up there? What’s happening to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ticks.

WJS23

WKR
I have been putting in for all 3 states for 8 years now and every year the # of tags have been dropping off and now with VT out the odds will decline even more in NH and ME